2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Paris St-Germain midfielder Idrissa Gueye, who seems to have been close to a move for about two weeks, Lampard said: “It's getting closer so we're hopeful that that will happen.”

On adding another striker after the club signed Neal Maupay, Lampard added: "We'll see. We're not desperate. I think we've worked hard in this window in a good manner. It's not been an easy window because the length of it, that's made it hard for a lot of people but particularly us when we know we need to adjust the squad.

"It's given us a difficult start in a sense of we're playing without a striker most games at the minute and it's probably held us back for a few points that we probably deserved. So we'll work to see what we can do in the next two days."

1_Newcastle-United-Training-Session.jpg

Martinez sacked (15/16) after 37 PL games (44 points) PPG=1.19
Koeman sacked (17/18) after 9 PL games (8 points) PPG=0.89
Allardyce sacked (17/18) after 24 PL games (34 points) PPG=1.42
Silva sacked (19/20) after 15 PL games (14 points) PPG=0.93
Benitez sacked (21/22) after 19 PL games (19 points) PPG=1.0
Lampard (22/23) 5 PL games (3 points)
PPG=0.60
Lampard TOTAL Everton PL GAMES 23 (23 points) PPG=1.0

If recent history is any guide then Frank needs a minimum of 13 points (16 points from 16 games) before the World Cup break to have a chance of staying in the job into Christmas/New Year.

As an Everton fan, I want him to do great.

PPG=0.60

If recent history is any guide then Frank needs a minimum of 13 points (16 points from 16 games) before the World Cup break to have a chance of staying in the job into Christmas/New Year.

Screenshot_2022-08-31-13-13-55-70_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg

PPG=0.60

Martinez and Koeman had reportedly lost the dressing room, Benitez was obviously failing and Allardyce was always a short-timer. The only real point of comparison is Silva, who wasn't getting it done when we got a nibble from a European heavyweight.

I think we need to stick, no matter what with Lampard. Relegation aside I suppose but until we give someone the time they need to turn round this car crash, we'll just keep going round in circles, probably getting worse every season.

At some point we have to look at the bigger picture, understand that we were shell shocked after Benitez and it has or is taking time to change that. I don't think I have seen the club as low as it was after Benitez last season, there isn't an easy fix but Lampard and Thelwell are addressing things that we all have been crying out for, for years now. Youth, mobility, hard working players who put effort in.

If we allow it, good things will come from this approach. If you can't see the direction we are heading in, more than any season under Moshiri, I worry for you, we aren't top tier at the moment, we simply must build something, ground up.

Martinez and Koeman had reportedly lost the dressing room, Benitez was obviously failing and Allardyce was always a short-timer. The only real point of comparison is Silva, who wasn't getting it done when we got a nibble from a European heavyweight.
This. We were in free fall under Martinez, Koeman, and especially Benitez, and we had more quality in the side most certainly for Martinez and Koeman.

Frank is in the process of righting the ship, and our players are playing hard for him. We need a proper striker. Although the next few games are very difficult, I believe Frank will get us the points we need to feel better about ourselves as we head into the World Cup

PPG=0.60

Every one of them were taking us backwards.
Lampard is having to build from the bottom up.

We need to start seeing results, obviously. But we need to give him half a chance to make a fist of it.

I think we need to stick, no matter what with Lampard. Relegation aside I suppose but until we give someone the time they need to turn round this car crash, we'll just keep going round in circles, probably getting worse every season.

At some point we have to look at the bigger picture, understand that we were shell shocked after Benitez and it has or is taking time to change that. I don't think I have seen the club as low as it was after Benitez last season, there isn't an easy fix but Lampard and Thelwell are addressing things that we all have been crying out for, for years now. Youth, mobility, hard working players who put effort in.

If we allow it, good things will come from this approach. If you can't see the direction we are heading in, more than any season under Moshiri, I worry for you, we aren't top tier at the moment, we simply must build something, ground up.
The best-run clubs have a clear strategy, and the manager's task is to implement this strategy. What type of football the club should identify with, type of players (age), develop own players for the first team, which players they should buy (characteristics, age, etc.). The manager is just a piece of the puzzle, and can easily be replaced with another manager if he is not successful.

The important thing is the overriding strategy, and if we have got it in place then it is progress from before. The hiring of Ancelotti and Benitez was really just a symptom of a lack of strategy, and an attempt to get away with bringing in managers who were assumed to be capable enough to do the whole job themselves.

The best-run clubs have a clear strategy, and the manager's task is to implement this strategy. What type of football the club should identify with, type of players (age), develop own players for the first team, which players they should buy (characteristics, age, etc.). The manager is just a piece of the puzzle, and can easily be replaced with another manager if he is not successful.

The important thing is the overriding strategy, and if we have got it in place then it is progress from before. The hiring of Ancelotti and Benitez was really just a symptom of a lack of strategy, and an attempt to get away with bringing in managers who were assumed to be capable enough to do the whole job themselves.

I get what you are saying but I think the role of the manager is massively under valued.

United was a prime example. Best run club in England when Fergie was there and then Neville was giving it all about how follow on managers would just be captains passing through on a successful ship. Well 26 years of work dissolved within about 6 months under Moyes and they’ve never had it back.

Barcelona won CLs when they had good managers in Rijkaard Pep and Enrique managing good players. All played completely different styles of football, and the managers in between who weren’t as good didn’t have the same success with similar players. Barca’s philosophy or strategy didn’t really do them much good in the period between their dream team in the early 90s and then buying Ronaldinho as Messi Xavi Iniesta came along.

Chelsea don’t have a strategy. They just hire world class managers and give them whatever they want, they’ve probably won more than most recently. Sarri was completely different to Conte who was different to Tuchel. They all won stuff though playing different formations.

The best clubs allow a manager to implement their strategy on the club and carry it out. Then you hope the next one that follows can also make their strategy a successful one. When Klopp leaves Liverpool the new manager is not going to come in play exactly the same way as he did and just carry on like nothing has happened. Same with Pep. Everything changes with the manager.

That’s why we need to give one some time to see if their strategy can come to fruition.

Surely you can see a progressive attempt to rebuild the team? There's a whole new backline, a whole new midfield, and there'll be pretty much a new front line..
I see an attempt to improve the team but I don’t see any improvement in the way the team actually plays football. Whilst I can agree that the team has more grit and heart and fight than before they still can’t pass, can’t get forward in numbers and can’t keep possession. One can only hope that by signing gana and garner he will now be able to play Onana further forward and with Maupay up front and dcl coming back from injury the football in the final third will get better. Given the amount of signings made this summer I think frank will be even under more pressure if we don’t pick up a win soon. I sincerely hope for his sake that he can pull a rabbit out of the bag and bring us a win soon even if it isn’t against Liverpool or arsenal the match against West Ham at home should be looked at as a vital game to maybe kickstart the season with a win if we haven’t already got one by then.

We were flagging so much by the end with a few on yellows that we were very lucky Leeds couldn’t come up with more than they did.

Running players into the ground like that after the injuries we’ve already had is negligent.

Thought he may have brought Rondon on when we had a set piece late on, could have brought Allan on for Davies, Coleman or Vinagre for either FB.

Rondon ?????? Yeah cos he’s looked so threatening from set pieces in all the games he’s played hasn’t he ?‍♂️

The only change I see he could have made is Allan for Davies, but maybe the club are trying to move him on and didn’t want to risk an injury.

Rondon ?????? Yeah cos he’s looked so threatening from set pieces in all the games he’s played hasn’t he ?‍♂️

The only change I see he could have made is Allan for Davies, but maybe the club are trying to move him on and didn’t want to risk an injury.
He’s more likely to get his head on the ball than Gray, and with almost 90 on the clock he might have been up against sufficiently tired defenders that he’d have gotten the required head start.

In any event, making no subs is negligent, regardless of how unlikely the subs are to change the game. If they’d have scored a winner, the fume in this thread would have been palpable. He got away with one, for now. Let’s see how the players get on in the derby.

Status
Not open for further replies.