judge us at the end of the transfer window – not now

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have an unproven defence and midfield as yet, I wouldnlt start putting those two areas in the 'success' column.

Hence why it's a "rebuild". We could've bought 5 strikers and had Iwobi and Davies in midfield all season...it would be unproven

I'm interested to see Onana and Garner, but I don't actually know if either of them are any good.

I was positive about McNeil, but he's looking like he's going to be an expensive substitute for the time being.

Don't rate the rest.
So u reather play Keane and Brantweith instead of Cody and Tarks?

0A54DFA1-6BE8-4807-8E65-916F1142F446.jpeg

I’d say this is just about where we’re at then:

One player [RW] away from having a really strong looking First XI

Real reliance on DCL / Maupay and Gordon / Gray to stay fit and get us goals

Very balanced Midfield with fairly good back ups in all three roles

Good but ageing CB pairing(s) that will need to be addressed within a year or two and not much recovery pace

A number of young players [Patterson, Mykolenko, Garner, Onana, Gordon and McNeil] who can improve and definitely fit the profile of the players we should be looking to have in the squad

View attachment 181719

I’d say this is just about where we’re at then:

One player [RW] away from having a really strong looking First XI

Real reliance on Dominic Calvert-Lewin / Maupay and Gordon / Gray to stay fit and get us goals

Very balanced Midfield with fairly good back ups in all three roles

Good but ageing CB pairing(s) that will need to be addressed within a year or two and not much recovery pace

A number of young players [Patterson, Mykolenko, Garner, Onana, Gordon and McNeil] who can improve and definitely fit the profile of the players we should be looking to have in the squad
U missed Townsend, who will be back at some point

2 very very experienced defenders that cost nothing, with fantastic attitudes and leadership skills. is there better out there ofcource, could we afford them. No

Who would u have gotten?
Two very average players, one of whom is on top, top money.

I would have engaged the scouting department a bit more.

Objectively it's an 8. They did a good job shoring up the defence and a great job with the midfield. The other 2 points tho are really big tho. Maupay is a start but he's not the only one that needed to come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.