2022/23 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course. Lad was great against the RS. One swallow doesn't make a summer and all that. There was a reason he didn't play last year. Baby steps is all I'm saying. He's not the second coming and has some worrying mistakes in him. It'll come right in time.
I accept he's probably not ready to play every game this season. But he looks some prospect and for his performances he deserves a starting spot against whoever. He's improving every game and we certainly haven't overpaid for him by the looks of it.

Deservedly our outright first choice right back.
He's got the right to start a game at the moment. If he plays as well as he did in the derby he'll retain the jersey. If he reverts to the ropey form prior to that he wont.

Coleman is the captain of this club and Lampard respects him and wont deny him his chance again.

Coleman is our backup right back. Live with it.

The RB berth is contested. And that's the way it should be.

Coleman gets at defences a lot more aggressively than Patterson. I think in a game against a lesser team he'll be on the pitch. I've seen nothing from Patterson so far that suggests he's prepared to take on a defender.

Coleman gets at defences a lot more aggressively than Patterson. I think in a game against a lesser team he'll be on the pitch. I've seen nothing from Patterson so far that suggests he's prepared to take on a defender.

Hang on, I thought he was good going forward but couldn’t defend???

Coleman hasn’t taken on a full back since about 2017. Please give up this weird crusade.

He's got the right to start a game at the moment. If he plays as well as he did in the derby he'll retain the jersey. If he reverts to the ropey form prior to that he wont.

Coleman is the captain of this club and Lampard respects him and wont deny him his chance again.
Where is this ropey form David ?

You sure you aren't getting mixed up with many of last seasons squad ?

Hang on, I thought he was good going forward but couldn’t defend???

Coleman hasn’t taken on a full back since about 2017. Please give up this weird crusade.
You can go forward and get a cross in and carry the ball into the box without dribbling and going one on one. Have you ever watched what we call 'association football'? ?

Take a look back in the game threads on this forum to remind ourself.

….the ironic thing about the game threads is he seems to be much more effective as a conventional FB as opposed to RWB.

Indeed, he even looks more of an attacking force as FB. I suppose it could be a coincidence that he’s suddenly settled into the side, or perhaps he was more of a defender than we were led to believe :bye:

I've really enjoyed Coleman's aggressive 3 goals, 8 assists in the last 5 seasons...

Opposition teams tremble when he runs at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.