Postponment of Premier League fixtures due to the death of Her Majesty the Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with this preposterous spectacle is that people in the middle - people like me who are republican by nature but who would not disrespect any minute's silence - are being prodded into open revolt against the ludicrousness now enveloping them. I would quietly observe any minute's silence. I don't have to respect the monarchy, but I respect the feelings of those who do. However, it seems that some of those people want to enforce their will on the rest of society. That's not going to end well.

The problem with this preposterous spectacle is that people in the middle - people like me who are republican by nature but who would not disrespect any minute's silence - are being prodded into open revolt against the ludicrousness now enveloping them. I would quietly observe any minute's silence. I don't have to respect the monarchy, but I respect the feelings of those who do. However, it seems that some of those people want to enforce their will on the rest of society. That's not going to end well.

Yes very fair.

Minutes silence fine. National anthem, weird but tolerable. But poking fans to then start celebrating during the game is way too far.

It’s important we strive to empathise with those holding different opinions to us rather than fight. As demonstrated this site, a fair representative of Evertonians, is mostly anti monarchy. I say to these fans be patient and try to understand the mindset of those who do take comfort and meaning in the monarchy.

• Haha
Reactions: kev
Fixed that for you
No, it isn't, not in the great scheme of things.. I never thought it was. What is important is respect.
Bottom line, if you don't want to stand for the anthem, don't stand, if you don't want to sing on the 70th minute, don't sing. I don't care what you do, and neither does anyone else.. just get on with it, and stop moaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.