Postponment of Premier League fixtures due to the death of Her Majesty the Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone bite the bullet and do a poll
Sure thing buddy.

Just on TV a young woman (employee of a TV company) queued for nine hours overnight to walk past a box covered in a flag that may or may not be occupied. Apparently it was a spiritual experience, always wondered how people could be sold the Brooklyn Bridge.
The problem with this preposterous spectacle is that people in the middle - people like me who are republican by nature but who would not disrespect any minute's silence - are being prodded into open revolt against the ludicrousness now enveloping them. I would quietly observe any minute's silence. I don't have to respect the monarchy, but I respect the feelings of those who do. However, it seems that some of those people want to enforce their will on the rest of society. That's not going to end well.
It's starting to come over a bit... North Korea.

There’s a school of thought I’ve seen banded around that by going along with signs of monarchal dominance pre game on scouse soil that were acting like serfs but I truly believe it should every day person to their own. Some people take comfort in the royal family so I respect their wishes and won’t ruin a poignant moment for them.

Good God, I hope not! This past week has been utterly tedious.

Grievewatch on Twitter is very funny if you want evidence of how bizarre this whole thing has become.
The BBC viewing figures almost guarantee it'll become an annual event (at least) seems it's not only sex that sells. It's going to be black Xmas,our first without her.?

The problem with this preposterous spectacle is that people in the middle - people like me who are republican by nature but who would not disrespect any minute's silence - are being prodded into open revolt against the ludicrousness now enveloping them. I would quietly observe any minute's silence. I don't have to respect the monarchy, but I respect the feelings of those who do. However, it seems that some of those people want to enforce their will on the rest of society. That's not going to end well.
I'm just going to have to have a beer down in the concourse for the bit at the start - I can't bring myself to even witness it.

I expect to be down in a deserted concourse though...

It's just the idea that some lives have more importance than others that's odd.
I don't think it's like that, just some people are far more widely known, so there are that many people to feel that loss to some degree.
I bow my head when a hearse drives past,. I don't know the deceased or their family, but I have respect for their loss. Many people are feeling some loss right now, so I'm not going to do cartwheels across their mourning.
I'm not a tory or a royalist btw, it's not about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.