Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Considering that`s only 2.30 mins long, they`ve packed one hell of a powerful punch in there and it sends out an extremely important message.

It deserves to be rolled out across the rest of the country.
I seen that earlier on . It does sadden me and rips me to my core . I maybe going slighty off the actual topic her but I've have never had that chance as Iam an aliented Father who tried his best but after seven years of it all I had to ..... it's so hard to explain .. I had to ... turn away .. walk away emotionally .... it was [Poor language removed] killing me and still is but I feel a tad better for it knowing our day will come !! It still eats away at me daily and I have been diagnosed with PTSD as a result of it all . Like I've said it maybe slightly off topic but youse all get the drift of what Iam saying . I could go on about it for moons . Parental Alienation destroys lives and is CHILD ABUSE !!! Football and football rivalries mean [Poor language removed] all and if you have been through what I and other Fathers have been through and are still going through . If anybody out there knows and can relate to what Iam on about then please get your feelings out to your mates , family or even on here . Thanks for listening.

Poor language removed .

You see that is part of the problem ! How can we get things off our chest when how we feel is sometimes articulated , expressed or vented in expletives . It's another form of being not listened to and or being silenced.

Think about that one now !

Poor language removed .

You see that is part of the problem ! How can we get things off our chest when how we feel is sometimes articulated , expressed or vented in expletives . It's another form of being not listened to and or being silenced.

Think about that one now !
'flicking'
and
'flick'

I reckon I got it. If you are hurting, get some form of help, talking therapy works. If you've been pushed further than you ever knew you could, ok, it's time to heal. There are no guarantee's in life, and least of all relationships. Reactionary doesn't work very well, calm considered communication is best. But is often last to be reached for.
Try to do a little better each time, the harm of battle over the years hardens our hearts and deafens our ears.

'flicking'
and
'flick'

I reckon I got it. If you are hurting, get some form of help, talking therapy works. If you've been pushed further than you ever knew you could, ok, it's time to heal. There are no guarantee's in life, and least of all relationships. Reactionary doesn't work very well, calm considered communication is best. But is often last to be reached for.
Try to do a little better each time, the harm of battle over the years hardens our hearts and deafens our ears.

Nice one Rita . Iam healing but I will never be healed and I hope that makes sense to you . The dark days were 2014/15 when it was beyond anything I've ever experienced before . Since I've decided to ' let it go ' I can honestly say I do feel better but it has and always leave a void in me that is hard to articulate to anyone and even Fathers who have and are going through the same . Like most forms of grief it is a personal journey that only the person experiencing it can comprehend and like all forms of grief it comes and goes . The thing about grieving for somebody that is still alive I'd say is different than grieving for somebody that is no longer here are different as that old ' closure ' thing is harder . I do appreciate your words and energy I really do ! Generally speaking I've gone through the dark bit of it all and our day will come . My daughter is 10 so there is plenty of time .

I've got a disciplinary hearing tomorrow. Been a teacher in the same school for 22 years. Absolutely love teaching and I've never wanted to be a manager. Trouble started two years ago when I left a campaign as Union Rep to stop our school becoming an academy. We won but I've had nothing but hassles with management ever since.
I was suspended on a spurious charge by the school in September and tomorrow I finally find out what happens. I've had great support from parents, students and ex students and colleagues. They have been on strike for 8 days to support me.
It's been awful and especially so for my family.
I would say to any blue make sure you keep a record at work of any interaction with management and if you are in the public sector join a union.
Details below and wish me luck.

I've got a disciplinary hearing tomorrow. Been a teacher in the same school for 22 years. Absolutely love teaching and I've never wanted to be a manager. Trouble started two years ago when I left a campaign as Union Rep to stop our school becoming an academy. We won but I've had nothing but hassles with management ever since.
I was suspended on a spurious charge by the school in September and tomorrow I finally find out what happens. I've had great support from parents, students and ex students and colleagues. They have been on strike for 8 days to support me.
I would say to any blue make sure you keep a record at work of any interaction with management and if you are in the public sector join a union.

good luck mate hopefully good outcome

What has the replacement Union rep had to say in this? And have you documented each interaction since the 'academy' skirmish? It seems very convenient that suddenly you are on the block - it's as if they can make an example of you or possibly more importantly, put the frighteners on anyone else that might decide to stand up to them. Can count the best managers that've been worth their salt on one hand (quiet at the back!) whereas those promoted far beyond their skill set to be buffers (lap dogs) between the real decision makers has been far to many. Which of your higher ups do you like and get on with?

What has the replacement Union rep had to say in this? And have you documented each interaction since the 'academy' skirmish? It seems very convenient that suddenly you are on the block - it's as if they can make an example of you or possibly more importantly, put the frighteners on anyone else that might decide to stand up to them. Can count the best managers that've been worth their salt on one hand (quiet at the back!) whereas those promoted far beyond their skill set to be buffers (lap dogs) between the real decision makers has been far to many. Which of your higher ups do you like and get on with?
I've had great support from the Union. The regional secretary has been in my corner. The school have made so many errors with my case and delayed/changed the goalposts it's been ridiculous. The union asked for an Independent ACAS hearing and it was rejected (because they know we would win). Unfortunately tomorrows hearing is with three hand picked governors . The result might be we have to go to an industrial tribunal.