6 + 2 Point Deductions

The thing is, we would know where we stood a bit better.

I.e. if we were to get 6 back for the first one (4 deducted), you would think a potential second one for a smaller offence would be less (eg 2 or 3 points deducted).

So at least we would know roughly what we needed. Even if it was after the last day of the season. If were 6 points clear for example.

Just need to get 5 or 6 points back at the very least.

Really the PL should look at us now and relent due to this. I don't think it's a conspiracy to suggest that they don't want to do anything to Chelsea or City that'd make the league weaker, I think what they'll do (and maybe what they planned all along) will be punish us harshly and then backtack. That way they can come out with "oh well we'd love to punish Chelsea or City but when we did it to Everton it was wrong, we can't win either way so financial fines for everyone!".

This is the first chance they have to actually implement a rule, if we retain literally a single point of our deduction then it would have to mean at the very least relegation for City and probably Chelsea, there'd simply be no other way due to the difference in magnitude, even with that Forest would also be in big trouble given that they apparently have a much bigger loss than we had.

If the PL don't backtrack entirely on us they're simply opening a can of worms that isn't worth it in their eyes. You can relegate Everton, but it also means you have to relegate the last 2 European champions that came from this league with those wins coming as a direct result of the financial doping, that is an irreversible black mark on the PL's legacy.
Indeed. Serie A dropped offa cliff after calciopoli. The brand is tainted.

One thing to be borne in mid:

Where there is a system which carries with it a right of appeal, that appeal system has to be seen to operate fairly (i.e. Not to knock back 100% of appeals). I saw that every time in the civil service with regard to promotion - a small number would appeal against not being promoted, and a smaller number would be successful on appeal, the appeal system thereby showing that it is fair and just.

It therefore wouldn't surprise me if the PL reduce the points penalty (albeit by a small amount), then claim that the appeal system works (and in the process hoping that it fends off Government regulatory interference in their business).

To do otherwise would possibly lead them to being slaughtered by the Government over the issue of self-governance (being dictatorial and making things up as they go along), and their incapability in doing so.
I actually sat on several civil service appeal boards mainly disciplinary as opposed to non promotion although one did where a COs line manager failed to give her a promotion marking siting her judgement and written work to below the level required and to be honest her appeal submission was proof positive her line managers assessment was correct.

The PL discipline hearing process has three stages and each is dealt with by a body that is formed and run ( or said to be ) independent from the PL disciplinary department. Hearing, Appeal and a route to Arbitration

1) Head of The Independent Panel is appointed following a vote by the 21 shareholders
2) This person appoints the commissioners and he alone is accountable for appointing each commission be it an initial hearing or indeed an Arbitration panel.

The thing is, we would know where we stood a bit better.

I.e. if we were to get 6 back for the first one (4 deducted), you would think a potential second one for a smaller offence would be less (eg 2 or 3 points deducted).

So at least we would know roughly what we needed. Even if it was after the last day of the season. If were 6 points clear for example.

Just need to get 5 or 6 points back at the very least.

If we have worst case scenario and we get 0,1, or 2 points back I think this will relegate us, as it would mean we are more likely to get more points deducted on the second charge.

The more you think about it going over by £9-£19m over a three year spell, to get TEN points deducted is so harsh. And the prospect of more to come it’s a disgrace

I actually sat on several civil service appeal boards mainly disciplinary as opposed to non promotion although one did where a COs line manager failed to give her a promotion marking siting her judgement and written work to below the level required and to be honest her appeal submission was proof positive her line managers assessment was correct.

The PL discipline hearing process has three stages and each is dealt with by a body that is formed and run ( or said to be ) independent from the PL disciplinary department. Hearing, Appeal and a route to Arbitration

1) Head of The Independent Panel is appointed following a vote by the 21 shareholders
2) This person appoints the commissioners and he alone is accountable for appointing each commission be it an initial hearing or indeed an Arbitration panel.
Some interesting points. I think Derby should never have been allowed to qualify for the play offs when they beat Leeds in the semi final
Spygate season.
he irony was we won the championship at their place the following season. Surely a right of appeal with the quality of solicitors employed by clubs should be allowed a retrospective appeal.

Really the PL should look at us now and relent due to this. I don't think it's a conspiracy to suggest that they don't want to do anything to Chelsea or City that'd make the league weaker, I think what they'll do (and maybe what they planned all along) will be punish us harshly and then backtack. That way they can come out with "oh well we'd love to punish Chelsea or City but when we did it to Everton it was wrong, we can't win either way so financial fines for everyone!".

This is the first chance they have to actually implement a rule, if we retain literally a single point of our deduction then it would have to mean at the very least relegation for City and probably Chelsea, there'd simply be no other way due to the difference in magnitude, even with that Forest would also be in big trouble given that they apparently have a much bigger loss than we had.

If the PL don't backtrack entirely on us they're simply opening a can of worms that isn't worth it in their eyes. You can relegate Everton, but it also means you have to relegate the last 2 European champions that came from this league with those wins coming as a direct result of the financial doping, that is an irreversible black mark on the PL's legacy.
which is effectively saying they cheated their way to those titles, not good for brand image of the EPL