2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

I reckon that if he's injury free at the end of the season then he'll be off to the Euros, and we'll never see him in Blue again. He's clearly an intelligent, ambitious lad. Good luck to him. He may even go abroad again. PSG will have Mbappe wages to spend??

The clubs that will be buying him don’t need to balance the books - City, United, Spurs, Arsenal etc. Plus they are changing the rules anyway aren’t they as they know they’re a farce.

The kid has every attribute you want in a Defender. Start at £100m
Well the rule changes could definitely impact transfer fees spent. I still don't see an uncapped youngster's starting fee as a world record transfer for a defender especially when the selling club need to find half a team and don't have a a pot to pee in. It's just not realistic.

Our next big sale saviour, its no wonder how crap we are when we lose our best players every season yet don't bring in hungry young potential, its always the same drab average tosh. Jarrad was the last up and coming potential we purchased which sums it up at this club.

At a bare minimum we should be looking at a British transfer record (for a defender). Maguire cost 80 mill a few years ago.

We're talking England's main centre back for the next 10 years and a generational talent.

At a bare minimum we should be looking at a British transfer record (for a defender). Maguire cost 80 mill a few years ago.

We're talking England's main centre back for the next 10 years and a generational talent.
Branthwaite now is currently a lot better than prime Maguire. Unfortunately FFP/PSR ties are negotiating hands behind out back and we'll get £50-60m because of this.

The game really isnt a level playing field

I rate the lad extremely highly, and I maintain my stance that we should be demanding 100 million for him, and if the demand isn’t met then we should just keep him.

But I can see Manchester United getting their hands on him and offering someone like Maguire in part-exchange, like they did with the Lukaku and Rooney deal. Something like 70m + Maguire.

I’m just saying, something very similar happened with our previous record sale, and I wouldn’t be surprised if something similar to that happens again.

Theres only a few players we must hold on to.

Hes one of them.

Branthwaites value will increase every window...

I wouldn't wish that on him! No disrespect to Seamus, but Branthwaite could end up at Real Madrid winning leagues and Champions League titles. Providing we get very good money for him that's fine by me. He could be a real help for our financial situation.
You are right, but I don;t think it woiuld do him any bad if he stayed with us for 1 more year