2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

This guy had it spot on in his after match interview, when they went to 10 men we stopped pressing, so my question is why?
Is that the players just did it naturally themselves or was the manager instructing this?

The only worry being other teams sense our desperation for the money and we're forced to cash in at a lower price.
Even so though, you would expect a bidding war to keep the price up.

I try not to be hyperbolic about stuff but honestly he might be as complete as a defender as I can recall seeing at that age, he has the absolute lot, stature, athleticism, composure, technique, everything. For me the world record for a defender should be what we are looking to achieve.

Even so though, you would expect a bidding war to keep the price up.

I try not to be hyperbolic about stuff but honestly he might be as complete as a defender as I can recall seeing at that age, he has the absolute lot, stature, athleticism, composure, technique, everything. For me the world record for a defender should be what we are looking to achieve.

I don't think we'll reach that kind of money unfortunately. He's had a brilliant season but playing for Everton is a very different pressure to the top teams and his lack of experience at that level will probably be factored in.

£60m will be what we're looking at which is a decent amount to service the debts.