2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much we getting for him in the summer?

He is destined to play for a top club soon ( possibly by next season) and provide us with much needed revenue in the process.

Every top club will have an eye on him. Massive money if we decide (or are forced) to sell.

The only worry being other teams sense our desperation for the money and we're forced to cash in at a lower price.

Even so though, you would expect a bidding war to keep the price up.

I try not to be hyperbolic about stuff but honestly he might be as complete as a defender as I can recall seeing at that age, he has the absolute lot, stature, athleticism, composure, technique, everything. For me the world record for a defender should be what we are looking to achieve.

70 million I reckon.

80m minimum. Utd I'd imagine.

I don't think we'll reach that kind of money unfortunately. He's had a brilliant season but playing for Everton is a very different pressure to the top teams and his lack of experience at that level will probably be factored in.

£60m will be what we're looking at which is a decent amount to service the debts.

Carlisle owed 20% sell on
Over here please, chaps.

Nice one.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/...waite’s-leaving-thread-exact-date-tbc.119181/

I don't think we'll reach that kind of money unfortunately. He's had a brilliant season but playing for Everton is a very different pressure to the top teams and his lack of experience at that level will probably be factored in.

£60m will be what we're looking at which is a decent amount to service the debts.
Reading that reminds me of Steve Nicol on ESPN offering the opinion that Lukaku wouldn't be any good at Manchester Utd because although he was scoring lots of goals, that was only at Everton. The fact that he'd be playing with better players obviously didn't occur to him.

Branthwaite isn't just out of the academy and has had a lot of experience here and in Holland.

Theres only a few players we must hold on to.

Hes one of them.

Branthwaites value will increase every window...
It may well do, but sadly I don’t think it’ll be in an Everton shirt! There’s too much “noise” about him now and apparently clubs circling, whoever is running Everton at the end of the season will have to cash in and Branthwaite and Onana will be first out of the door unfortunately!

Reading that reminds me of Steve Nicol on ESPN offering the opinion that Lukaku wouldn't be any good at Manchester Utd because although he was scoring lots of goals, that was only at Everton. The fact that he'd be playing with better players obviously didn't occur to him.

Branthwaite isn't just out of the academy and has had a lot of experience here and in Holland.
But he was right.

But he was right.
Do you think? Like he was right last week when he said that Arsenal were not a serious contender for the Premier League title, or
words to that effect?

Come back and tell me how Lukaku wasn't as good at Manchester Utd as he was at Everton.

All of his
Do you think? Like he was right last week when he said that Arsenal were not a serious contender for the Premier League title, or
words to that effect?

Come back and tell me how Lukaku wasn't as good at Manchester Utd as he was at Everton.
All of his best goal scoring seasons were at Everton. Overall he had a higher rate at Everton than Utd and he never got anywhere the standard he set in his final season at Everton when he scored 25/37. He peaked in that season as was a relative disappointment at Utd which is why they sold him. Everyone considered him a flop because the expectation was that he would exceed his average Everton goal return in a much better team and his average return would be much closer to his final Everton season than his worse season.

All of his

All of his best goal scoring seasons were at Everton. Overall he had a higher rate at Everton than Utd and he never got anywhere the standard he set in his final season at Everton when he scored 25/37. He peaked in that season as was a relative disappointment at Utd which is why they sold him. Everyone considered him a flop because the expectation was that he would exceed his average Everton goal return in a much better team and his average return would be much closer to his final Everton season than his worse season.
But not Steve Nicol, which is the point I'm making.

words to that effect?

It remains to be seen if Arsenal are going to keep pushing or drop off. I don't really have a strong opinion on it either way.

What he said about Lukaku was correct, though. He could score 12/25 goals against two bottom-end teams for us and call it a great season because we don't have any standards or serious targets, so nothing about him was ever really analysed beyond the raw numbers. United, on the other hand, spent a record amount of money in the expectation that he would be another Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez, Cantona, van Nistelrooy, etc, hence the increased level of scrutiny that led to his flaws being magnified to the point that he became a walking meme in England.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back