2023/24 Sean Dyche

We need a manager who can make a team at least slightly better than its collective parts.
Unfortunately Dyche is only capable of making them slightly worse.
His home record is extremely poor, as is the amount of goals his teams habitually score.
This is not just here but also at Burnley , which strongly suggests that we can’t expect much improvement in the future.
He has made the home games a miserable experience during his time here.
For all my complaining on here I accepted he needed to complete the season , but after yesterday I would like to see him gone.

I sadly think we don't have many options to change it up.

We can't change one of the centre backs even though Tarkowski been rubbish for six weeks or so.

We have Dobbin for the wing but unfortunately we aren't a team in the position of Liverpool who can play a young lad and rely on the rest to get him through it.

We have one left back.
We have no central midfield options.

Id love him to be able to change it up but we can't. It's as simple as that.
I think he could, if he wanted to. He constantly plays the two slowest wingers in the league, this may work in a side with a bit of quality, but, in aside devoid of quality, who have a manager with two attacking plans, hoof, or break aways we desperately need pace on the wings. Also playing Godfrey at right back is a nonsense, our right side is even worse than the rest of the team.

Dobbin and Chermiti have to be given some games, Dyche really has to stop just picking the same thing players week after week, in the hope that they will magically improve.

Compared to the last few seasons, I don't think he is doing too bad as we have won 31 points and even games like Fulham, Wolves and yesterday, it is hard to say we weren't unlucky. However, his style of play is not that great to watch and if results aren't going well (like now) it is tough to defend him. Hope he manages to keep us up but definitely not the long term solution. Financially, who knows what we can afford but I would like Potter to come in in the summer as Dycheball will not survive next season as teams coming up will make league stronger.... that's if it can keep us up this one.

His man management and technical management is terrible.

I am very critical of his DCL/Beto situation. Both players hung out to dry by dinosaur thinking and not taking DCL out of firing line when he needed to be dropped then not using Beto just shows he has no faith in him. So effectively killing both strikers.

Harrison and Young as right wingers don't work.
McNeil is ran into the ground so what's plan B.

We have had options like Danjuma, Dobbin and Patterson who haven't had a good enough look at considering how poor Young, Harrison, Garner and McNeil have been.

I think he is under huge pressure and the point deduction hasn't help because technically we should be on more points but he knew this at the start of the season and frankly he has lost some many points at home it's becoming unacceptable.

I expect us to go 5 at the back v United and try and set-piece ourselves to a point.

We need a manager who can make a team at least slightly better than its collective parts.
Unfortunately Dyche is only capable of making them slightly worse.
His home record is extremely poor, as is the amount of goals his teams habitually score.
This is not just here but also at Burnley , which strongly suggests that we can’t expect much improvement in the future.
He has made the home games a miserable experience during his time here.
For all my complaining on here I accepted he needed to complete the season , but after yesterday I would like to see him gone.
Were the home games enjoyable before he arrived? We've been utter garbage for a few different managers now.

Compared to the last few seasons, I don't think he is doing too bad as we have won 31 points and even games like Fulham, Wolves and yesterday, it is hard to say we weren't unlucky. However, his style of play is not that great to watch and if results aren't going well (like now) it is tough to defend him. Hope he manages to keep us up but definitely not the long term solution. Financially, who knows what we can afford but I would like Potter to come in in the summer as Dycheball will not survive next season as teams coming up will make league stronger.... that's if it can keep us up this one.
Someone like Graham Potter is just what we need when the club hopefully stabilises. Just give him two full seasons to try and build something substantial.

If it wasn't for the uncertainty surrounding the ownership of the club, then Dyche would've been volleyed out the door by now.

We never give managers this any more. Imagine if Potter's first season with us was like his first season at Brighton. He wouldn't survive that here
We haven't kept on a manager for two full season since Martinez was fired. It's a major part of our problems imo.

With the exception of Ancelotti, we probably haven't been hiring the right managers post Martinez either. That would be the other side of the argument.

Someone like Graham Potter is just what we need when the club hopefully stabilises. Just give him two full seasons to try and build something substantial.

If it wasn't for the uncertainty surrounding the ownership of the club, then Dyche would've been volleyed out the door by now.
I don't see how he gets binned, we are a rudderless ship. I posted a few weeks back he has the safest job in football which is frightening. He constantly reverts to type and blabs the same drivel all the time. This squad is nowhere near good enough but at the same time we are not trying alternative options and seem stuck in a constant circle of s@#$!

I can't watch this team play no more it's horrendous and absolutely predictable. We were warned by Burnley supporters that this type of football would happen which was fine during last year's run in to try and save us but to then go through a whole season of utter boring football without results is not acceptable for Everton football club and its about time he was told. I fear the worst if we don't win our next 4 home fixtures as an absolute minimum. Something must change ASAP this cannot continue and some players need a roasting.

Probably the lowest goals scored per game average of anyone in history with more than 300 games managed in the Premier League.

He's always relied on set pieces and crosses.

The problem with Dyche (and Pulis who plays exactly the same way) is fans will tolerate the football when it gets results. Without results though, the awful football is less tolerable. The 4 wins in a row after the points deduction, the leeway given from the points deduction and the dire standard of the promoted teams are his saving grace. Even last season we were only a goal away from relegation and were fortunate Leicester and Leeds collapsed.