2023/24 Sean Dyche

ah missing chances is on dyche wooops
forgot

the team “plays” the ones that’s creating chances? oh ok
Yes, it's on Dyche for me.
Our strikers do have chances, lots of chances but they generally have to work very hard for those chances.
We don't play any counter attacking football and usually play one up top against 2 or 3 center halves who have his number.
Watch how they play, the other attacking players hardly ever create space, the full backs hardly ever overlap with the wingers, the wingers come in side all the time.
So yea, they get shots away but they're hurried and everything is comgested.
Thats down to tactics.
If you keep playing one up top with insufficient hurried service and create few clear cut chances, confidence will drain.

You can divide the PL in to 3 clear pots.
The big teams, the mid table teams and the bottom teams.

The big teams have Dyches number and too much skill for us to do much.
That was a poor united but they knew exactly how to play us and had the players to grind it out.

There's the mid table teams. This is where we create chances, and for me, it's where we can pick up points. Unfortunately, Dyche sets up very defensively against these teams. Playing the likes of Godfrey and Young.

And then theres the bottom teams who just set up in two banks, let us come at them and hit us on the break.
Not scoring much against them because we cant draw them out.

So yea, we're not scoring enough and thats on Dyche.
And nobody should be surprised.

It’s a grey area though Kev, although we’ve gone 11 without a win, the w/l has us on enough points to be two places higher in the table and ten above the drop but isn’t due to the big asterisk in the room

But the 4 wins in a row was galvanised from the points deduction.

We can argue over the manager, but the players are simply not good enough. This is not surprising given the way the club has been run. They are a hotch-potch of different managers, different directors of football, different circumstances and different ambitions.

I don't care whether Dyche stays or goes - but I do know that these players are simply not up to it. Until the club stops rotting from the head, we are going to suffer.

Thats where I'm at mate. Its far more macro and strategic then what's happening on the pitch, what's happening on the pitch is just an inevitable symptom, of rotten, self interested, incompetent people - making rotten, self interested, incompetent decisions.

Fans have been peed on for far too long and told its raining by those governing the club who make decisions.

They are a pox.

He'll keep us up so he serves his purpose, albeit because there's 3 or 4 really poor teams around.

Don't want to watch AllarDyche ball in our last season at Goodison though.