Relegation 23/24 Thread

Some of the “football finance experts” (who in my opinion spout more crap than fans as they often haven’t bothered to read charges/reports) are sticking their head above ground to suggest Forests breach is less than our first one, that their mitigation is the Johnson thing, and even read that they should get a tiny points penalty because they removed the sporting advantage by selling their best player.

Thats makes no sense as the sporting advantage of overspending occurs over the 3 year period, not after. But they haven’t once said they will robustly defend their position etc. I think they are comfortable. We need to win games or go down. No ifs or buts. No advantage is going to come out of this next round of charges. The more points we chuck away on the pitch, the more SuperSilks 4 points seems a bit of a crappy haul given how many arguments in our favour.
None of this makes sense.

To be fair to Luton they keep going to the end
They've got so much more heart and determination than Everton, and that will win them points when they don't expect it. That game was done today but they got a point out of it - typically a player deemed not good enough for Everton setting up the goal. Said player would instantly be the best winger in our squad if he were here now. Sad.

The highlight of my day was being on the Everton blog where before kick off they said "Doucoure looking particularly sharp in the warm up, scoring 2 shots into the goal"

Good times

He couldn't trap a bag of cement today, his second touch was a tackle, ( which he lost) couldn't pass or shoot, up there for an Everton mom performance.... Sigh. We lost an amazing amount of duels today, 50/50's galore. Braithwaite v.good, thought Gomes looked composed and thought he was our best player when he came on because for me he was the only one who resembled an actual footballer.

They've got so much more heart and determination than Everton, and that will win them points when they don't expect it. That game was done today but they got a point out of it - typically a player deemed not good enough for Everton setting up the goal. Said player would instantly be the best winger in our squad if he were here now. Sad.
We are also still 4 points above them and we are god awful and havnt won in like 108 days. As well as with a points deduction.

It seems that every week I am trying to find 'silver linings', such as at least the draws today keep Bournemouth and Palace near us etc. I would really enjoy it a win or two of our own and don't have to look look for anything positive from any other match I shouldn't give a toss about. And, to make it worse, I see the table with another 6 points to be deducted. As you can imagine, I'm a right bundle of laughs on a Saturday night!!!!!

We are also still 4 points above them and we are god awful and havnt won in like 108 days. As well as with a points deduction.
Yes, but we have/had far more resources than little Luton. Honestly, it’s a disgrace we are being run so close.

Fair play to them maximising what they’ve got while we shoot ourselves in the head. They are making a real fight of this. We are so dysfunctional and incompetent that they might just have a shot at winning it.

No tears will be shed for this disgraceful club given how mismanaged it has been.

Well that's it... we put together a completely unexpected and out of character run of four wins and since then have forgotten how to play football AND seem to be getting worse on a weekly basis. We're going one way only with no signs of it changing, whereas other teams are digging out points.

That's ominous.

We beat them it’s all over.

Are we man enough to do that though?
Games are sill a bit away to be fair. we dont know if we are still close, ahead of them, or behind needing to win at this point. but hopefully a win v each at the point we play them does end their hopes or close to it of staying up

Well that's it... we put together a completely unexpected and out of character run of four wins and since then have forgotten how to play football AND seem to be getting worse on a weekly basis. We're going one way only with no signs of it changing, whereas other teams are digging out points.

That's ominous.
We had just come off the back of a great Palace win when the deduction hit, we were in good form then too.