2023/24 Sean Dyche

He’s turned into a bit of anomaly for me lately.

He constantly tells us he doesn’t pay much attention to the takeover, doesn’t pay much attention to the points deduction chatter, and constantly talks like he’s just there to coach and win games.

If he’s a hands off manager at training, what’s he spending his time doing exactly? It’s certainly not watching tape as we try the same things every week.

It's partly quality, but these were the same guys creating tons of big chances earlier in the season and not converting.

Yes, we've seen that other teams will be more comfortable giving us the ball, but then it's not just quality it's tactics. Creating overloads in attacking areas of the pitch, getting McNeil more central, more players in the box...these are all things Dyche is not comfortable with.

Im not binary or dogmatic mate, he needs to find a way, tactics and approach are part of it and its a poor manager who doesnt reflect on that and im sure he is.

Teams have cottoned on to us and he has to find a way around it, no two ways, thats the job of work, it doesnt change the limited quality or the manure show hes dealing with - which is my point, a different manager doesn't change any of that.

He’s turned into a bit of anomaly for me lately.

He constantly tells us he doesn’t pay much attention to the takeover, doesn’t pay much attention to the points deduction chatter, and constantly talks like he’s just there to coach and win games.

If he’s a hands off manager at training, what’s he spending his time doing exactly? It’s certainly not watching tape as we try the same things every week.
Until people ask him again when it's "well obviously it's in the back of everyone's mind" etc.

He's saying what people want to hear or are less likely to be offended about and that's what he does - just like he'll mention the fans being great at every opportunity, even if we've got fans booing the consecutive dire performances for 85 min or leaving the ground early; player are "doing their best" and "doing the right things", etc.

A bit boring but still inexplicable how many have drank this particular kool aid really.

'old man shouts at clouds post incoming'

I tried to get on board with stats, xG and all that
But if you watch the game, it doesn't really amount to a hill of beans.
The forwards arent being coached properly and are desperately low in confidence
The whole way he sets up doesnt lend it's self to scoring
We can't counter to save our lives.

So we might have a decent xG but it's a myth when you look at how Everton play.

Its actually not when you look at it, when we have had a high Xg we have tended to get results, when we have a low XG we tend not to, its been 2 recently as outlined by someone else.

Im not arguing the be all and end all of XG - im not a massive fan of it as an absolute stat in fact ive argued with many on it here over the years, i was responding to someone else who brought it up as evidence against, as i said its indicative but not absolute.

Last edited:

More concerned about the squad as a whole really. And. I don't think we can say it's been successful for anyone besides Branthwaite because everyone has regressed. That may point to the fact that Branthwaite is just a superior talent, and maybe Dyche should be a little more involved in trying to get some wins. That's what he is paid 5mil a year for right?

I don't think the whole squad has regressed and I think it's folly to extrapolate one quote from one player to the entire squad.

Branthwaite is a really talent, he doesn’t need coaching to be good. The rest of the squad is average and NEEDS hands on coaching to get the best out of them. This isn’t just Dyche though, it’s his staff. Look at that last United PL winning squad. You can make average players better.
What? That's silly.

Its unreasonable to expect an Everton Manager to win a game of football in 3 months.

And you should all just be grateful that Dyche chooses to manage us.
As Dr Goebbels said: 'Dyche is immunised against all dangers. . .defeats roll off him like water off a raincoat.'

he has done more good than bad compared to the previous managers we had.

But he needs to try something up un front. As we offer very little attacking in the final third.

You need to watch more football lid.
Maybe I do but you need to take your head out of Dyche’s arse
Most of them forwards are championship forwards, DCL has been an international. And all of us wouldn’t have had DCL on 3 goals this season. And he will also be favourite With the bookies out score the majority them next season. And he definitely will if we have a better and more attack minded manager in the dugout

He's literally just put out today "he's a hands off coach" so if you agree Branthwaite is good, then he doesn't need coaching to be good, no?

Read the rest of the quote.

It's not as if he just slaps him on the head and points him to the direction of the pitch.

He's literally just put out today "he's a hands off coach" so if you agree Branthwaite is good, then he doesn't need coaching to be good, no?

He's talking about Dyche specifically though isn't he? I'd imagine there is plenty of coaching going on with the other coaching staff.