2023/24 Sean Dyche

We're Everton aren't we. I mean what does that mean in todays context of what we have available today. We havent done anything in 30 odd years. I mean it sounds good but im afraid it doesnt have much bearing on what we send out on the pitch today. Im all for grabbing calvert lewin by the throat before a game up against the wall and saying we're Everton aren't we. He'll still be sh!t.
those quotes dont mean anything behind 30 odd years of poor mismanagement.
It’s not that you’re wrong about what we have become, but your acceptance of it saddens me.
When I arrive at the same point of acceptance you have occupied, I think it’s time to find some other way to spend my time and money.
( I’m not far off to be honest )

I am still interested in what he can do with a couple of quid. He has never been in that position before so there is a possibility he could change his tact. Not saying he will but would like to see him given the opportunity. Who knows.
He’s shown nothing to suggest he would be any better with money.
His tactical ability is limited.
His teams struggle to score.
He’s a poor manager, give him money and he’ll be a an expensive poor manager.
Why bother?

I don't care, honestly.

In the current context I (as a foreigner) have endured enough of the "who are they?", "where are they from" and all those daft questions - not arsed. I want us to win, this to me is Everton - winning and doing your best. That's what I want to see be attempted and happen. Basically, NSNO. I'm aware it might not happen always, we'll lose some, we'll be crap, we'll smash someone else, this is life. Playing for draws, to me, is not the Everton way.

So, Everton, aren't we?
We certainly are !!
( I mean I'd be very worried if I'd got it wrong all this time )

I've been told I'm cruel with my expectations, and I might be, but I want us to do as well as possible and win as much as possible, which from a fan point of view I have no idea how it's unreasonable - not like I said "defo champs lad" lol

It'd be fighting for 11th - 10th was 50+. So mid table.

And that's fine but what me or you want is one thing. I want us to win the league

What is possible is what I guess is really being discussed, and I think bar a few posters on one "extreme" or another I think majority would be more on the level of expecting say 35-38pts and hoping for more. I thought there was a poll on this actually in the summer but couldn't find it

So they judge him based on that, and overall it looks like he will do it. In his own crap and boring way.

Personally whilst I understand the furore over the utterly terrible run we are on, I don't see it as overly surprising or disgraceful because I think we are rubbish and such a poor team will have bad runs in their season. Is it beyond a normal bad run for a relegation battling team...yes maybe, but whatever it is about the current setup I feel convinced the few necessary results will come. I didn't feel that in the last two seasons.

no interest or belief in him long-term like a couple posters seem to but for two full seasons, I can lump it so long as we are keeping our heads above water for most of the season which we have done with or without deductions

He’s also probably the best annd most successful exponent of the style of defensive football you affect to enjoy.
Dyche wishes he was Mourinho , but he isn’t even close.

I think you do both managers a grave disservice their mate.

Probably not for this thread but the concept of stereotyping managers and “types” of football is very interesting.

Last edited:
It’s not that you’re wrong about what we have become, but your acceptance of it saddens me.
When I arrive at the same point of acceptance you have occupied, I think it’s time to find some other way to spend my time and money.

What do you mean by this really tho?

I accept we are currently utterly crap and as such have lower expectations of possible outcomes for a couple of seasons assuming this squad isn't changing much

How should I actually be thinking? And I'm not having a go

I understand the argument during the Moyes/bill years for example but not in the current perilous state of the club

But seriously I do think this chat has become a little tetchy. Saying Dyche should or shouldn't go doesn't make someone more or less of a fan nor does it mean they are or aren't accepting of mediocrity. Let's all remember that each of us want the club back on track as soon as possible.

I've said previously that Dyche had earned some credits, and this poor spell is burning through them. I have definitely downgraded from the Dyche should be "re-signed" to "let dyche finish his contract" (when is it up?).

I think as it stands it would in my opinion be risky to sack him now, I just don't think there's an unattached manager out there willing or able to take this on at this late stage and possible managers from other clubs likely will want to finish the seasons at their respective clubs, So the question "if we did sack him the who do we replace him with?", question is very relevant. It was mentioned earlier that the club similar to what they do with players should be scouting managerial prospects too, but it certainly seems with the last few appointments is that doesn't occur (btw I agree the club should do this), it has seemed in the past we havent really formulated a plan to deal with the personnel changes.

On top of this we have the bonus of not really having a sense of who's calling the shots at the moment. Mohirisi seems to have wiped his hand of it all, 777 look unlikely to take over, what confidence could anyone have that any semblance of a considered decision could be made. That is in itself is a massive concern.

This is what you claimed I was saying:

Show me a single place I said anything of the sort. You bust out that nonsense, and yet you called my statements lame.

If your m.o. is to throw out ridiculous fluff like that, I'm not going to waste my time engaging with you.

the people you're claiming are apologists arent apologisng for him at all. Its ridiculous that unless you're going full studs in ripping him to bits you're an apologist. its really comes over in this thread now that if you dont agree with those who want his head on platter then you're apparently not a proper Evertonian or the lame apologist.
I couldnt give a shiny one if you think im wasting your time. Its your time. Dont waste it if thats the case

I didnt say i accept it. You cant just make stuff up.
It was a direct reply to someone saying we're Everton aren't we in relation to todays results. Next time we're in the tunnel we'll say to bournemouth we're Everton aren't we. They'll say so what. It comes over as a bit of delusions of grandeur now with nothing to back it up. They are not going to look down the line and see neville southall or peter reid.

Its to simple to just say we're Everton arent we. Get better results. Its not magic wand time. You've got to earn it.

He’s shown nothing to suggest he would be any better with money.
His tactical ability is limited.
His teams struggle to score.
He’s a poor manager, give him money and he’ll be a an expensive poor manager.
Why bother?
No one knows. He has never had money or the freedom to spend in quantity. He ends up at broken clubs with very little to spend