Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
It's not only the fees paid, it's the stupid wages offered and accepted by these very average players.
This has been the real killer imo, we have run for years with a wage bill at 90%+ of our turnover when it really needed to be down around the 60-70% mark. No player at this club should be on £100k or more for me. We have to have a proper structure/criteria that doesn't cripple the club financially.

Love how you attack the fans when its abundantly clear despite his initial investment which was abysmally spent and continued mismanagement of Everton has turned it into a joke of colossal proportions , fans wanted a club that was competently operated while being more competitive and that doesn't happen when you retain the services of bill kenwright and don't actually employ any people who know how to run a club or if you do bring someone with a modicum of football knowledge like brands you undermine every decision he makes. I'll let you get back to painting that mural of moshiri to convey your appreciation for making us a regular relegation threatened team , quite the legacy he has crafted

I dont think any EFC fan believes Moshiri to have been a perfect owner. Its fair to say he has made some poor decisions. What some are correctly stating, is that no one was calling for the man to go when he appointed Ancelotti as manager, backed every manager he could in the transfer market and kick started us to our dream new ground on the docklands.

Those who now claim he's the worst owner imaginable because its gone wrong (partly his fault, partly circumstances beyond his control) are the types of folk who take no risks in life yet say "I told you so" to those who didnt have the benefit of hindsight when making a decision.

Outside of a small number of owners out there, most have their faults. It seems our fans are only happy with the following owner:

1. Invests lots of money (but every penny has to be wisely spent).

2. Appoints good managers and DOFs only, any bad appointments mean they're terrible owners.

3. Have a glass ball that can see into the future to avoid any potential wars or recessions that will affect our finances.

4. Listen to the fans whilst also not being swayed by the fans.

5. Complying with the anti competitive rules of the league whilst also having us competing for the Champions League every season.

Unfortunately you'll not find too many owners that tick the boxes. If its a choice between a billionaire with faults who at least enabled us to dream for just a second of what could be, or a group like 777, MSP or Bill Kenwright who treat us as nothing more than customers and walking £££ - I'll take Moshiri every day of the week my good friend.

I dont think any EFC fan believes Moshiri to have been a perfect owner. Its fair to say he has made some poor decisions. What some are correctly stating, is that no one was calling for the man to go when he appointed Ancelotti as manager, backed every manager he could in the transfer market and kick started us to our dream new ground on the docklands.

Those who now claim he's the worst owner imaginable because its gone wrong (partly his fault, partly circumstances beyond his control) are the types of folk who take no risks in life yet say "I told you so" to those who didnt have the benefit of hindsight when making a decision.

Outside of a small number of owners out there, most have their faults. It seems our fans are only happy with the following owner:

2. Appoints good managers and DOFs only, any bad appointments mean they're terrible owners.

3. Have a glass ball that can see into the future to avoid any potential wars or recessions that will affect our finances.

5. Complying with the anti competitive rules of the league whilst also having us competing for the Champions League every season.

Unfortunately you'll not find too many owners that tick the boxes. If its a choice between a billionaire with faults who at least enabled us to dream for just a second of what could be, or a group like 777, MSP or Bill Kenwright who treat us as nothing more than customers and walking £££ - I'll take Moshiri every day of the week my boy.
Dreamt more under kenwright who had us consistently in Europe and even top 4. And kenwright was awful.

1) every penny doesn’t need spent wisely as mistakes will be made but he should at the least keep the books balanced (even more so as an actual accountant)

2) he has literally appointed 5 god awful managers in his time here. Only silva and Carlo aren’t god awful. And the last 3 have been particularly appalling and he has stubbornly done it anyway against his own appointed dofs wishes.

3) he had wasted all the money so we were unable to spend before the war (stop lying)

4) yes he should listen to the fans. But also not just give them 2 god awful unemployed choices of manager each time to listen to them about.

5) don’t expect to be champions league every season but there should be a plan. Refer to point 1 regarding balancing the books to comply.

Unfortunately you'll not find too many owners that tick the boxes. If its a choice between a billionaire with faults who at least enabled us to dream for just a second of what could be, or a group like 777, MSP or Bill Kenwright who treat us as nothing more than customers and walking £££ - I'll take Moshiri every day of the week my boy.
Okay I agree not every decision an owner makes is going to be sound but there's an extensive pattern of detrimental decisions made by moshiri from Walsh, big Sam, spending 28 million on a striker who played in turkey his entire life, iwobi, Benitez, lampard , dyche and making no effort to bring in outside football people in the board room or actually efforts to build our revenue beyond the stadium which he boned the club by claiming he would fund it himself , can supporters be overly scrutinizing at times absolutely but the criticisms are valid at this point. There has been chaos and no clear semblance of an overall coherent approach in operating this club since he's been involved. Kenwright sold him on a dream and the naive dupe thought the grifter would bring about prosperity. I'm assuming since Kenwright's passing he is fully lost and that explains why he was willing to the highest bidder even though there was no substance in the bid

This has been the real killer imo, we have run for years with a wage bill at 90%+ of our turnover when it really needed to be down around the 60-70% mark. No player at this club should be on £100k or more for me. We have to have a proper structure/criteria that doesn't cripple the club financially.
Agree. It's also what's stopped us selling players and ending up sending them out on subsidised loans.

Unfortunately you'll not find too many owners that tick the boxes. If its a choice between a billionaire with faults who at least enabled us to dream for just a second of what could be, or a group like 777, MSP or Bill Kenwright who treat us as nothing more than customers and walking £££ - I'll take Moshiri every day of the week my good friend.

The fella has the club on the verge of administration and you’ve still get your tongue up his hoop.

Also as much I loved James and Carlo here overall they weren't solid longterm decisions basically moshiri wanted sucess microwaved so he let Carlo bring in some high cost talented players like Allan and James who were once exceptional (James was still marvelous but blighted by injuries) at one time, but completely susceptible to injuries, there was no way Carlo even if we weren't skint the following season was going to stay long term when bigger clubs were going to eventually request his services. Very short sighted

Dreamt more under kenwright who had us consistently in Europe and even top 4. And kenwright was awful.

1) every penny doesn’t need spent wisely as mistakes will be made but he should at the least keep the books balanced (even more so as an actual accountant)

2) he has literally appointed 5 god awful managers in his time here. Only silva and Carlo aren’t god awful. And the last 3 have been particularly appalling and he has stubbornly done it anyway against his own appointed dofs wishes.

3) he had wasted all the money so we were unable to spend before the war (stop lying)

4) yes he should listen to the fans. But also not just give them 2 god awful unemployed choices of manager each time to listen to them about.

5) don’t expect to be champions league every season but there should be a plan. Refer to point 1 regarding balancing the books to comply.

👏

This you mate??

IMG_3070.jpeg

How about this?

IMG_3071.jpeg