2023/24 Sean Dyche

The only scenario I would really want him to stay would be if we have no money to spend at all and he was having to grind out results as he has this season. As much as I personally don't like Dyche I have to acknowledge he's done a mostly good job this season in the circumstances.

Considering we are going to be beginning a rebuild this summer though, I would much rather we get a progressive, project manager that we give the keys to and stick with for at least few years.

No matter how you slice it we're going to have to make a lot of signings in summer due to the high number of outgoings, and while it might seem slightly harsh now I think it would be a mistake to have Dyche be the one to begin this rebuild.

Yes, no ones seen what he can do with money etc etc but imo there's no way he stays in charge at BMD. We need stability and to avoid ending up with another frankenstein's monster of a squad, made up of signings for different managers and philosophies.

TL;DR - If we're going to be doing a big refresh of players this summer then it will be the best time to get a new manager in.
Our budget will be small that's very sure. We won't able to use these 100m+ we get for Onana, Brants, Maupay to invest fully to improve the squad, just a little fraction, because also Chermiti and Beto need to be paid as well, as well as some money needs to be used to be within FFP.

Our budget will be small that's very sure. We won't able to use these 100m+ we get for Onana, Brants, Maupay to invest fully to improve the squad, just a little fraction, because also Chermiti and Beto need to be paid as well, as well as some money needs to be used to be within FFP.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not thinking we will be blowing through 200m+ to assemble a new squad of really expensive players. Just in terms of numbers though, we will need to bring in at least 5-6 to replace those outgoings even if we're doing it on the cheap.

I can't see the logic in letting the foundations of that new squad be built by someone who won't be here by the start of the season after next.

Simon Jordan on TalkS**te said Sean Dyche is a decent manager for keeping sides up in the premier league and not for taking sides further up the table, think only once he took Burnley to a top half finish.

Do one pal, he got them into Europe don’t you know

Hes fun to listen to Jordan, but man does he spew some absolute crap from time to time. Not saying hes wrong about Dyche.

…pretty much my thinking, I’d like to see him with an effective DoF and a decent budget as I think he could give it a good go.

Were on 33pts. Lets see if he gets us to 40pts.

That would have meant 48 in a normal season.

Last couple of seasons that would have meant 11th/12th.

We can then set a benchmark of needing 50pts+ next season if thats the case.

But first lets see if he gets to 40pts.

The thing is the next manager we get, wont be picked by. Moshiri, Kia joorabchain, Bill obviously, Denise. Jenny seagrove etc.

It will be new owners, new board and new sporting team. Who knows what they think and their philosophy on how football should. Be played.

Palace have got rid of an old dinosaur and brought a younger manager in with different ideas, already palace are playing better football and the results are showing. Bournemouth brought in a young Spanish coach and it took them a while to get going, but have had a really good season, play good football and since November only the top 4 have more points. West Ham are Getting rid of Moyes, he’s a better manager than dyche, but he’s still a bit of an old school negative manager, let’s not lose instead of let’s try and win.

West Ham are lining up Almiron or Lopetegui. So as for who we get in I don’t know, but to say we could attract better is nonsense imo
I agree, but the club has form and a history for attracting worse, not better

Don't get me wrong, I'm not thinking we will be blowing through 200m+ to assemble a new squad of really expensive players. Just in terms of numbers though, we will need to bring in at least 5-6 to replace those outgoings even if we're doing it on the cheap.

I can't see the logic in letting the foundations of that new squad be built by someone who won't be here by the start of the season after next.
Yeah, me also not really. They need to weigh up whether it's more sense to invest 6-7m to pay off the staff or going into next season and leave his contract expire with them in 2025. Rather see the 2nd option as realistic as no clarification of the ownership is in sight.

I said earlier let's keep Gueye for another season, many disagreed, but he proved to be valuable in the last 2 games. Coleman and Gomes (on much reduced wage) is debatable, but I would expire the rest.

We need to find replacements for them first, majority will be loans or free transfers I guess.

So we seem to need 1-2 RB/LB (back up mostly)
1-2 CB, depending what happens with Brantwhaite and Keane or we keep Holgate
1 CM for Onana most likely.
1-2 to replace Gomes/Dele
2-3 wings to replace Harrison, Danjuma
1 ST question mark what happens with DCL as we shouldn't lose players for free.

Our depth this season isn't great so need to make sure to have at least the same amount of players, luckily we haven't had key players injured mostly this season.

IMG_8758.jpeg

Watching west ham vs rs, it’s hard not to appreciate how Dyche made us work so hard.

West ham is so poor in pressing and only press in the final third, allows rs time and space to pick a pass without pressure.

I think he’s been the perfect man for this season
A less experienced, weaker character wouldn’t have kept us together the way Dyche did and we haven’t out fought a Liverpool team since Klopp got there

I don’t think Dyche is the manager to take us to the next level where we only look at the top half of the league anymore whilst playing some good football but I don’t think it’s the end of our financial troubles yet and I think he’ll still be the right man next season

Proper Evertonians??? Putting a few of these deluded souls on ignore. It’s like conversing with Russian bots.
41 points, but people unhappy because he never picked these points up in the middle of the season.
no money, selling our best players, points deduction, ownership shipshow… hope these “proper evertonians” are able to relise their ambition amongst this back drop.
Winning matches is how Dyche wins heart and minds of most "proper Evertonians".