2023/24 Sean Dyche

I think he has done enough to keep his job in the summer and see us into the new season….im not sure about keeping him beyond the end of his current contract which I think expires next season, and I would agree that if he goes on another run of 14/15 gam3s without a win next season, his sacking should be a real possibility…..but say he does get sacked in the summer, who would you get in? I ask that because the only thing more impressive than Everton sacking managers, is Everton’s record to them replace them with even more inferior managers.
The thing is the next manager we get, wont be picked by. Moshiri, Kia joorabchain, Bill obviously, Denise. Jenny seagrove etc.

It will be new owners, new board and new sporting team. Who knows what they think and their philosophy on how football should. Be played.

Palace have got rid of an old dinosaur and brought a younger manager in with different ideas, already palace are playing better football and the results are showing. Bournemouth brought in a young Spanish coach and it took them a while to get going, but have had a really good season, play good football and since November only the top 4 have more points. West Ham are Getting rid of Moyes, he’s a better manager than dyche, but he’s still a bit of an old school negative manager, let’s not lose instead of let’s try and win.

West Ham are lining up Almiron or Lopetegui. So as for who we get in I don’t know, but to say we could attract better is nonsense imo

Granted it was a solid run but we, and he, got so, so lucky with that Burnley result. Even then we played absolutely awful and didn't deserve the victory.

Most teams on that run roll the dice and hope for a few wins with a change of manager.

Dyche got lucky against Burnley, humiliated against Chelsea yet somehow dug out our biggest result in over a decade against Liverpool.

On results over a season he's done enough but he's needed a huge stroke of Lancashire luck to keep him in a job imo.

Happy with him to continue though as long as we stay up.
You forgot the most important win points wise against Forest.

The win against Burnley was lucky but after going over 3 months without a win it was going to take something like that to get going again. Chelsea aside I think there have been improvements in every game

You forgot the most important win points wise against Forest.

The win against Burnley was lucky but after going over 3 months without a win it was going to take something like that to get going again. Chelsea aside I think there have been improvements in every game
We lost the XG v Liverpool and Forest I thought dyche and some fans lived and died by the XG

The thing is the next manager we get, wont be picked by. Moshiri, Kia joorabchain, Bill obviously, Denise. Jenny seagrove etc.

It will be new owners, new board and new sporting team. Who knows what they think and their philosophy on how football should. Be played.

Palace have got rid of an old dinosaur and brought a younger manager in with different ideas, already palace are playing better football and the results are showing. Bournemouth brought in a young Spanish coach and it took them a while to get going, but have had a really good season, play good football and since November only the top 4 have more points. West Ham are Getting rid of Moyes, he’s a better manager than dyche, but he’s still a bit of an old school negative manager, let’s not lose instead of let’s try and win.

West Ham are lining up Almiron or Lopetegui. So as for who we get in I don’t know, but to say we could attract better is nonsense imo
Just give us name you absolutely mazzy flute!

The time you took writing another minded numbly boring post you could have got onto Google and plucked a name from some Spanish second division team but your still choosing to be the "I don't know who'd come in" or the "not my job to pick" gang of melons.

Just give us name you absolutely mazzy flute!

The time you took writing another minded numbly boring post you could have got onto Google and plucked a name from some Spanish second division team but your still choosing to be the "I don't know who'd come in" or the "not my job to pick" gang of melons.
Thought you were putting me on ignore ? Hurry up mr football expert from Exeter ffs

We lost the XG v Liverpool and Forest I thought dyche and some fans lived and died by the XG
I think especially against Newcastle we had some luck not being 3:1-4:1 down ht, had a game like West Ham that could go the same way for us a few weeks ago. Good gk made a difference in both games.

I mostly believe that balances out over the season with the xG, so did Palace against Liverpool or Man United. Rs seem to be struggling scoring atm, had a few good chances in the first half, post in the 2nd, 2 volleys in injury time. Pickford and CB did a good job overall.

Forest had 2 good chances, we had one with DCL. Again our bad Burnley game we had 1 only, them even 0.

Last edited:

Granted it was a solid run but we, and he, got so, so lucky with that Burnley result. Even then we played absolutely awful and didn't deserve the victory.

Most teams on that run roll the dice and hope for a few wins with a change of manager.

Dyche got lucky against Burnley, humiliated against Chelsea yet somehow dug out our biggest result in over a decade against Liverpool.

On results over a season he's done enough but he's needed a huge stroke of Lancashire luck to keep him in a job imo.

Happy with him to continue though as long as we stay up.
You could also argue that he was very unlucky a few times in the non-winning (not losing) streak.

There was absolutely no reason in a week when we've just secured back to back wins that puts us safe for an article like that.

Hunter has been sent out again (willingly) to take the air out of Everton's win and pacify the raging Kopites with a negative news story about the club.

We all know the ownership issue is there, its been stated umpteen times in many articles. Its nothing new. What was new though was us beating that lot very handily and they cant tolerate it.
We'll have a field day when Barney Slut goes full-on Potter and they become an incredibly average team. JLA will be laying people off at weekends during his tenure.

Not sure the Horse Punchers will let Almiron go....big step-up from bit-part winger the Premier League manager though.

The only scenario I would really want him to stay would be if we have no money to spend at all and he was having to grind out results as he has this season. As much as I personally don't like Dyche I have to acknowledge he's done a mostly good job this season in the circumstances.

Considering we are going to be beginning a rebuild this summer though, I would much rather we get a progressive, project manager that we give the keys to and stick with for at least few years.

No matter how you slice it we're going to have to make a lot of signings in summer due to the high number of outgoings, and while it might seem slightly harsh now I think it would be a mistake to have Dyche be the one to begin this rebuild.

Yes, no ones seen what he can do with money etc etc but imo there's no way he stays in charge at BMD. We need stability and to avoid ending up with another frankenstein's monster of a squad, made up of signings for different managers and philosophies.

TL;DR - If we're going to be doing a big refresh of players this summer then it will be the best time to get a new manager in.