2023/24 Sean Dyche

I think he’s been the perfect man for this season
A less experienced, weaker character wouldn’t have kept us together the way Dyche did and we haven’t out fought a Liverpool team since Klopp got there

I don’t think Dyche is the manager to take us to the next level where we only look at the top half of the league anymore whilst playing some good football but I don’t think it’s the end of our financial troubles yet and I think he’ll still be the right man next season
Indeed can't think what mess we would be in had one of our other managers from 2014 had been at the helm in the situation Dyche finds himself in.

Were on 33pts. Lets see if he gets us to 40pts.

That would have meant 48 in a normal season.

Last couple of seasons that would have meant 11th/12th.

We can then set a benchmark of needing 50pts+ next season if thats the case.

But first lets see if he gets to 40pts.

…we avoided relegation on the final day last season and points deduction has a bigger impact than simply the loss of 8 points. As Rooney said in midweek, it’s so difficult managing a club with a points deduction.

I’d say the deduction has cost us much more than 8 points.

After you finished 10th you started going backwards and he couldn’t stop it in the end. And you went down, For me it’s nothing to do with the 80’s I want us to build a young side that will attack and be on the front foot, and have a long term plan, I don’t see a long term plam
With dyche, because he plays one way and won’t change imo. I think he’s to set in his ways.

Which past Everton side would you want us to build the young team like?

View attachment 254339
Stats show that we have the greatest disparity of goals scored vs expected goals this season, indicating that we've been incredibly wasteful with the quality of chances we've created, so this is demonstrably false.

Also, he's engaging in a conversation in good faith, no need to be arlarse.

Thats incredible really. 20 expected goals difference.

Does make you wonder (although we know this) how poor our players are at finishing.

It will be new owners, new board and new sporting team. Who knows what they think and their philosophy on how football should. Be played.

West Ham are lining up Almiron or Lopetegui. So as for who we get in I don’t know, but to say we could attract better is nonsense imo

Do you think we'd have a better chance of hiring a new super manager to build a top young side now...or once the stadium is built in 12months time?

Considering we are going to be beginning a rebuild this summer though, I would much rather we get a progressive, project manager that we give the keys to and stick with for at least few years.

What if the manager we went for took a look at our squad and said no.

Perhaps this summer is more about us getting players out. We begin the process and a manager comes into the club with the new stadium and sees the opportunity.

…we avoided relegation on the final day last season and points deduction has a bigger impact than simply the loss of 8 points. As Rooney said in midweek, it’s so difficult managing a club with a points deduction.

I’d say the deduction has cost us much more than 8 points.

The main thing now is to see what happens today and over the final matches.

Once thats done we have time to look back over the overall season and 'enjoy' reading about our best players being linked away.

What if the manager we went for took a look at our squad and said no.

Perhaps this summer is more about us getting players out. We begin the process and a manager comes into the club with the new stadium and sees the opportunity.
This is a definite possibility. Ultimately what will be the best move this summer is totally dependent on how our ownership situation is resolved which, who knows what will happen there atm.

As I said in my original post if next season is set to be another year of just trying trying scrape by until BMD is done then I would stick with Dyche (through gritted teeth).

At the very least though I would like to see a new DOF come in and be given full control of any incoming transfers. All the players leaving means a big reset of our squad has to happen, and that needs to done with the long term in mind.

This is a definite possibility. Ultimately what will be the best move this summer is totally dependent on how our ownership situation is resolved which, who knows what will happen there atm.

As I said in my original post if next season is set to be another year of just trying trying scrape by until BMD is done then I would stick with Dyche (through gritted teeth).

At the very least though I would like to see a new DOF come in and be given full control of any incoming transfers. All the players leaving means a big reset of our squad has to happen, and that needs to done with the long term in mind.
I reckon he’s here next season and that’s that for what it’s worth. Only way the club is changing managers is if new owners are over the line and already have someone lined up. Given the chaos over the ownership I just don’t see it.

I’d definitely like a more entertaining brand of football on the pitch but to be honest the Moshiri era has burnt me out on changing managers every 12 months.

Some of the players weve been linked with under Thelwell have turned out to be ace.

Never know what could have been if he could have had that cash the others wasted.

Some of the players weve been linked with under Thelwell have turned out to be ace.

Never know what could have been if he could have had that cash the others wasted.
I think it’s really hard to be overly critical of him given the insanity of this last couple of years. Likewise the management team have to be given credit for keeping things going despite absolute chaos off the pitch.

Don't think Thellwell's been bad, just thought i had read on here that his contract is up end of the season and he's looking for other jobs.

My point is more that whoever our DOF is in the summer, they need to be 100% in charge of incoming transfers.

Don't think Thellwell's been bad, just thought i had read on here that his contract is up end of the season and he's looking for other jobs.

My point is more that whoever our DOF is in the summer, they need to be 100% in charge of incoming transfers.
I wouldn’t be surprised. Any other job would seem like a holiday I imagine lol

Yes id seen its up as well. Agree on the DOF making the signings.

They have to be a little cute to bring in players they want and punt others out so Dyche is forced to play and develop younger lads

Yeah, I'd say that as well when the manager has pretty much doubled my wages and I can't trap a bag of cement.
Thankful that he scored a few important goals, but doesn't justify it. Blame the board equally to accept a pay rise in the height of a potential new signing.

Won't be easy to get rid as well, as probably only Saudis would want to pay his salary.