2023/24 Sean Dyche

I'm seeing a lot of talk about ambition and Dyche not being the man to be able to progress us much further up the table. If that was the conversation to be had I'd tend to agree. I also can see the argument about not wanting him to bring in too many of "his" players.

But, to me, the conversation isn't about ambition. It's about the fact we are in a financial mess and teetering on disaster. Dyche is the (relatively) safe pair of hands who should see us safe again, ergo he is the right man for the job at the moment.

I don't like it, but I personally think we'd be absolutely off our rocker to get rid simply because the reality is until we are in a semblance of order off the pitch, then we are hamstrung on it, and Dyche has shown he can get plenty out of these players.

Because we got 5 at brighton? We played exactly how we always play at brighton, it just happened to work really really well that day
Which is what I was alluding to really.
de Zerbi also made mistakes that day in taking too long to react to conceding so early , which he admitted .
Just to reiterate it ,
I do not enjoy watching the football his teams play.
Surrendering possession and initiative is not something I enjoy watching personally.
Beating the RS was enjoyable in spite of this , not because of it .
But I appreciate you and many other supporters are more accepting of limited football than myself.

I'm seeing a lot of talk about ambition and Dyche not being the man to be able to progress us much further up the table. If that was the conversation to be had I'd tend to agree. I also can see the argument about not wanting him to bring in too many of "his" players.

But, to me, the conversation isn't about ambition. It's about the fact we are in a financial mess and teetering on disaster. Dyche is the (relatively) safe pair of hands who should see us safe again, ergo he is the right man for the job at the moment.

I don't like it, but I personally think we'd be absolutely off our rocker to get rid simply because the reality is until we are in a semblance of order off the pitch, then we are hamstrung on it, and Dyche has shown he can get plenty out of these players.
See, I can understand this argument, which basically boils down to: give him one more year to keep us steady and get us from Goodison to Bramley Moore, and then start worrying about ambitious moves.

But that only works if you can keep basically the same team around as well, doesn't it? I mean, whether we like it or not, we are going to have to change out a substantial percentage of the squad this summer - if only because so many players are out of contract or going back from their loans. Which means he's going to be the one with input on who comes in to replace all those guys. And that means that his influence is going to be felt for far more than one more year. We're not giving everyone one-year contracts, after all.

It's not even about ambition. It's about not starting yet another cycle where we build a team for a particular manager and then bin him off anyway when it starts to fail, leaving all his players behind to be mismatched to another guy. This is our chance to break out of that cycle with a new manager and a team rebuild all at the same time. Risky, sure, but big football decisions always carry risk. Keeping him is not a 100% guarantee of staying up next year anyway.

So if you have a good run it's just reduced to a "purple patch" but a bad run is totally unacceptable and carries more weight than where you finish in the league?

Honest to God. I cannot believe the state of some of these takes.
Yes! Just 2 weeks ago we hadn't won a game of football in 3 months!!

If your ok with that then that's fine, but for me not winning a game of football for 3 months is unacceptable, we were not playing Real Madrid or City every week.
The previous 2 managers lost their job for this kind of run, now Dyche has kept us up so he has done his job, granted. Well done,
Do i want him here going into next season absolutely not! I think it will end in tears and we will be in a relegation battle from the off under him.

NSNO is a lie lads.

Stop being silly and get behind a manager who’s somehow getting this Everton 44 points (with 3 games to spare) or you’re determined to send us to absolutely ruin through your misplaced idealism and foolish stubbornness.
Get behind a manager who gets Everton 44 points!

What have we become

Last season upto getting sacked Lampard had holgate, Keane, Coady and Tarkowski as his 4 CB, he also played a different style to dyche. And why bring Lampard up anyway, we get told he’s a terrible manager and yet people constantly bring him up in their defence of Dyche, it’s like this group can’t play better football,
Lampard tried that and look what happened.

My point is dyche sets us up to be very hard to beat, at times it’s like we’ve got 4 CB’s and McNeil and Harrison are wing backs. And having 2 very good CB’s,
Keeper, full backs and hard working midfield will
Help you keep clean sheets, that’s why when we concede first it’s a long way back,
As it’s difficult for the manager amd
The players to suddenly try and go on the front foot

Being hard to beat is a great quality to have, why do you keep bringing that up as a negative?

Pep plays 4 CBs most games and at one point was playing one in midfield as well.

I don’t know any bottom half team that is able to outweigh having a poor defence with having a good attack. None. So why would any logical manager try to do that when his attacking players are McNeil DCl Beto Harrison Chermiti?

The primary remit of any manager is to win games in the best manner they can, not to do it in a certain way that some fans approve of. We can’t get into basketball games with teams or we will lose every time.

That makes two good games since he has been here , the other being Brighton away.
Not enough for me I’m afraid.
But it’s all subjective anyway.
Neither of us is going to change our views on this.

Right so beating Bournemouth 3-0 at home wasn’t a good game?

Newcastle 3-0?
Chelsea 2-0?

How about beating Brentford, Palace, and West Ham all away from home?

Beating Villa away from home in the cup ending their home record, and then beating Burnley 3-0 at home in the next round.

None of those games are good games? No.

Get behind a manager who gets Everton 44 points!

What have we become
Better fans? Not so long ago, we were getting behind* a manager who was getting us relegated, hammered twice in four days at Bournemouth, and humiliated at Burnley.

And by "getting behind", I mean dropping to our collective knees and applying copious amounts of tongue while telling ourselves "he gets us."

He certainly got us. That's for sure.