Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Beto is rubbish. Falls over, never has the ball under control, and misses the opportunities he does get.
Not saying he's a world beater, but would he go 20 games without a goal if he was guaranteed his place every week? Would he score more than 7 if he were given about 80 minutes per game 33 times in a season? His record at Udinese was decent, so it suggests he's capable of contributing more than he has been given the chance to do so far.

Think the clubs position would be,130k a week is 6.7 mill a year, as he has no ammonisation mate.

Signing another stiker for 30 mill and then giving them 100k a year would cost us 11.2 mill a year.

Big question would be would the extra money give us a better and more reliable player or not.

Mitigating youd prob get say Adebayo for 12 - 15 mill - on 80k a week, who scored more goals in less games then Dom last season.
Genuinely, I think we would get him for less than £80k a week. We could quadruple his wage and it’d be less than £80k… he’s reportedly on around £15k a week.

What is the package offered to dom? £130k a week?

Honestly I’d get rid of dom for £30m plus, get adebayo in for £15m and offer him £50-60k a week.

This director of footy park is easy!

Obviously the less Dom goes for, the more wages he is likely to get at the other side.

In terms of money in his pocket - he is backing himself to get a large wage on a free when he leaves us.

Does anybody want him so much now that they'll pay him a better wage than us - on top of a transfer fee ?

So far I guess not.

Genuinely, I think we would get him for less than £80k a week. We could quadruple his wage and it’d be less than £80k… he’s reportedly on around £15k a week.

What is the package offered to dom? £130k a week?

Honestly I’d get rid of dom for £30m plus, get adebayo in for £15m and offer him £50-60k a week.

This director of footy park is easy!
The only club daft enough to pay £30m for a striker in the last year of his contract with 15 goals in 3 seasons to his name is the club he's already at.

Obviously the less Dom goes for, the more wages he is likely to get at the other side.

In terms of money in his pocket - he is backing himself to get a large wage on a free when he leaves us.

Does anybody want him so much now that they'll pay him a better wage than us - on top of a transfer fee ?

So far I guess not.
Does anyone want him so much they'll pay more than us full stop? He's our starting striker and he probably doesn't start for anyone with aspirations of being in the top 10.

Does anyone want him so much they'll pay more than us full stop? He's our starting striker and he probably doesn't start for anyone with aspirations of being in the top 10.
We'll have to let him go on a free then - and he'll have to take the risk his wages are reduced, or we offer him the same contract in 12 months.

Utter poppycock.

Theres only 2 Strikers better than him in the entire league, Haaland and Watkins, its not even close with the rest.

If he wants 130k a week, offer him 150k, otherwise we have that useless donkey Beto starting games and we get relegated.

The dilemma then is how low would you go to let the same striker go now.
IMO a realistic price is somewhere around £15m, maybe towards £20m. A striker who doesn't score goals, no stranger to an injury, and has a year left isn't going for a fortune. Godfrey had a year left and we got £10m, so I think we'd be lucky to get beyond £15-20m - not that any club is currently interested for any price.

We'll have to let him go on a free then - and he'll have to take the risk his wages are reduced, or we offer him the same contract in 12 months.
That's honestly fine with me. We've tried to sell him - no one wants him and we've offered him a more than fair contract which he doesn't want to sign. It's out our hands at this point

Utter poppycock.

Theres only 2 Strikers better than him in the entire league, Haaland and Watkins, its not even close with the rest.

If he wants 130k a week, offer him 150k, otherwise we have that useless donkey Beto starting games and we get relegated.
The polarised opinions on here are great sometimes.

Ivan Toney ?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back