2023/24 Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again Everton showing what a class act we are.
Inferior clubs, who have lost any sense of identity or their true place in the community, would have sent Dele Alli packing months ago.
We are able to rise above things such as money and points / position in this corrupt ‘competition’ that is the EPL, and instead focus on the true meaning of sport, with team work (in its many forms), humanity and old fashioned fair play.
The resigning of Dele should and will be celebrated by all who consider themselves true fans of football.
Clap clap clap

Inferior clubs, who have lost any sense of identity or their true place in the community, would have sent Dele Alli packing months ago.
We are able to rise above things such as money and points / position in this corrupt ‘competition’ that is the EPL, and instead focus on the true meaning of sport, with team work (in its many forms), humanity and old fashioned fair play.
The resigning of Dele should and will be celebrated by all who consider themselves true fans of football.
Perhaps should give Mark Ward a new contract.

“Revised payment structure” says to me that we still owe them a transfer fee, only now they’ve allowed us to move the goalposts on the appearance clauses and when they’re triggered. So instead of another 3 appearances to trigger £10m, they’ve let us reset it back to 20 games or something.

There’s something murky about this whole thing. I want to know what the original deal was, what his new wages will be, what a “revised payment structure” means. I don’t like how shadowy this is.
Is there a player who you do know the exact structure of the deal to bring them in and what their payslip looks like? Or is everything 'murky'.

A revised payment structure is exactly that. A change to the original payment structure.

Thelwell isn’t going to sign off on a deal which includes “substantial fees” that are going to fly in the face of the work he has done to get things under control.

His transfer dealings have on the whole been smart, spread the costs, and with one of the best net spends in the league.

The financial damage was done prior to him and it’s very clear how hard he has been working to sort that out.

No one in here knows anything of the fees and are making huge assumptions. But Thelwell isn’t going to throw his hard work away now is he? If the deal doesn’t suit us, he won’t take it.

I sincerely hope that this post is in jest? :rolleyes:

Thelwell isn’t going to sign off on a deal which includes “substantial fees” that are going to fly in the face of the work he has done to get things under control.

His transfer dealings have on the whole been smart, spread the costs, and with one of the best net spends in the league.

The financial damage was done prior to him and it’s very clear how hard he has been working to sort that out.

No one in here knows anything of the fees and are making huge assumptions. But Thelwell isn’t going to throw his hard work away now is he? If the deal doesn’t suit us, he won’t take it.

A revised payment structure continues to suggest the fees will be "substantial". Just the structure is revised.

Dele should be the sword that Thelwell falls onto in 12 months, if it all goes south.

Exactly this. If this does not work out then there needs to be sackings at the club, just as Bill Kenwright should have been booted into outer space for bringing him in in the first place, along with Maupay and various others

No idea. But if Dyche/thelwell have seen enough to think he can contribute, then that’s good enough for me.

Dyche managed to get DCL fit for 39 games last season. He has clearly protected Dele to get him physically fit for now/next season.

Trust the process.
hard yards mate.

Is there a player who you do know the exact structure of the deal to bring them in and what their payslip looks like? Or is everything 'murky'.

A revised payment structure is exactly that. A change to the original payment structure.

Well not every deal is made up entirely of ambiguous future clauses is it. We usually at least have some figures to work with. This has been completely shrouded in mystery from the start, with all of us basically just guessing at figures. The only thing we knew for certain was that a payment would be triggered after 20 games, that’s it.

The fact he’s still here and we appear to be basically being forced to keep him on is very strange to me. I’m not comfortable with this while it is still so cloak and dagger, I think we’ve been properly done over by Levy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back