2023/24 Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.
A revised payment structure continues to suggest the fees will be "substantial". Just the structure is revised.

Exactly this. If this does not work out then there needs to be sackings at the club, just as Bill Kenwright should have been booted into outer space for bringing him in in the first place, along with Maupay and various others
Nope, nothing suggests substantial. That’s a word you have added for your own purpose.

Using quote marks around it doesn’t make it fact.

Thelwell isn’t going to sign off on a deal which includes “substantial fees” that are going to fly in the face of the work he has done to get things under control.

His transfer dealings have on the whole been smart, spread the costs, and with one of the best net spends in the league.

The financial damage was done prior to him and it’s very clear how hard he has been working to sort that out.

No one in here knows anything of the fees and are making huge assumptions. But Thelwell isn’t going to throw his hard work away now is he? If the deal doesn’t suit us, he won’t take it.

Thelwell might not have a say in the matter, he was appointed a few months after this deal was done. Like I said, I want to know what the terms of the original deal were.

Thelwell might not have a say in the matter, he was appointed a few months after this deal was done. Like I said, I want to know what the terms of the original deal were.
But in regards to this deal. He of course couldn’t have had a say in the original deal. But he will be negotiating this one. And if it wasn’t worth it, we would re-sign Dele.

Nope, nothing suggests substantial. That’s a word you have added for your own purpose.

Using quote marks around it doesn’t make it fact.

It was quoted as "substantial" prior to the "revised payment structure" which suggests given that the structure has been changed, it remains substantial just structured differently.

I was quoting what was already in the public domain from the same source. The Athletic. FYI.

Well not every deal is made up entirely of ambiguous future clauses is it. We usually at least have some figures to work with. This has been completely shrouded in mystery from the start, with all of us basically just guessing at figures. The only thing we knew for certain was that a payment would be triggered after 20 games, that’s it.

The fact he’s still here and we appear to be basically being forced to keep him on is very strange to me. I’m not comfortable with this while it is still so cloak and dagger, I think we’ve been properly done over by Levy.
You forget it's a everton tradition to take in stray players that have lost their way like a foster home for professional footballers

This would be my thought. It seems risky, but Dyche is very particular and I doubt he’d advocate this hard for a player unless he was serious about them.

Well that’s what doesn’t make sense to me. If we look at this coldly and logically and remove all of the sentimental baggage that comes with him, it’s a player who hasn’t played football or even trained for 18 months, who let’s be honest, wasn’t any good for at least 3 years before that too. He’s also so far away from what our manager would normally want in a player, someone who can only play one specific position, doesn’t press, doesn’t track back or offer anything defensively. It makes no sense why he would be so determined to re sign him. There’s something else going on here for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back