2023/24 Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.

The only positive I can garner (and not James) from this is he must be in a good place now mentally and physically he must be impressing dyche he must think he’s nearing inclusion in team if signing him again

At some point we’ll all have him in our fantasy football teams and wonder why we ever doubted him

I do worry people are reverting to type and allowing sentimentality and emotion and wishful thinking to get the better of them

Seen it so many times now surrounding Everton Football Club 🤷‍♂️

I think everyone has a good point about this ,situation but one thing i know.Come the first home game of if he is playing and his name is called out you will hear one of the biggest ovations for years from the crowed WE ARE EVERTON.

This is an over used cliche at this point

Again. People allowing sentimentality and emotion to overcome their rational thoughts

I don't get how his contract is done, finished, kaput.

How on earth is Spurs entitled to anything after it has expired?
In the same way any sell on clause for Branthwaite, DCL, etc would still be valid even if we sold them after original player contracts expiring or being superseded by new contracts.

If he ultimately signs back on with us, the clauses in the agreement with Spurs are still in effect. This, evidently, is what we’re renegotiating.

Good to see the club showing some pride, at any rate. We saw United and Chelsea trying to steal our “Joke Club” crown at various points and decided to leave no doubt as to who the real kings are.

Yes, I’m a cryarse but I really don’t want us to do this deal.

I would love to be proved wrong, but, I doubt if Dele ever becomes even 50% of the player he once was. If and it's a big if, there is no transfer payment to Spurs and if the lad will accept a 2 year maximum contract on half his current wages, he may well, if he can stay fit, be a squad player but I fear no more than that. For what it's worth I really don't want us to offer him a deal, I just don't think his wage is worth the risk, he may well spend the next couple of seasons on the bench or on the treatment table.

Dyche has always come across as a genuine, good guy, and there's no doubt in my mind he would have been key in agreeing to Dele staying on to train after the expiration of his contact if he believed it would help Dele personally.

When it comes to the squad, and In regards to him getting a contract, I don't believe for one minute he would agree to it from a sentimental perspective. If Dele is getting a new contract, it's because Dyche believes he can get value out of him on the pitch.

I despise the "peoples club" / "we do great things off the pitch" mantra that has been allowed to pull the wool over the horrendous on field club we've become, and this would fit in perfectly to that, however I believe on this occasion that if he stays it's because Dyche wants him in the squad.

Dyche has always come across as a genuine, good guy, and there's no doubt in my mind he would have been key in agreeing to Dele staying on to train after the expiration of his contact if he believed it would help Dele personally.

When it comes to the squad, and In regards to him getting a contract, I don't believe for one minute he would agree to it from a sentimental perspective. If Dele is getting a new contract, it's because Dyche believes he can get value out of him on the pitch.

I despise the "peoples club" / "we do great things off the pitch" mantra that has been allowed to pull the wool over the horrendous on field club we've become, and this would fit in perfectly to that, however I believe on this occasion that if he stays it's because Dyche wants him in the squad.

Cannot see what Dyche sees in him, if he is to be played who drops out ?

Said before get rid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.