2023/24 Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well not every deal is made up entirely of ambiguous future clauses is it. We usually at least have some figures to work with. This has been completely shrouded in mystery from the start, with all of us basically just guessing at figures. The only thing we knew for certain was that a payment would be triggered after 20 games, that’s it.

The fact he’s still here and we appear to be basically being forced to keep him on is very strange to me. I’m not comfortable with this while it is still so cloak and dagger, I think we’ve been properly done over by Levy.

I sort of think the opposite. It was reported widely first payment after 20 games of 10m, and it would seem logical we have avoided playing him because of that. What surprised me, is nobody kind of said "you will play the first 6/last 6 games or whatever" but maybe they felt that was weird.

I suspect Levy probably feels we negotiated in bad faith, and quite understandably is not massively keen to give us anymore favours. He may have 20m coming his way when appearances are hit, and maybe another 10 on bonuses. I'm not sure why he would give that up.

Pure conjecture, but I strongly suspect Bill Kenwright spun him a yarn.

It's a weird transfer though and clearly a really bad transfer, as even if he did well we couldnt afford him.

“Revised payment structure” says to me that we still owe them a transfer fee, only now they’ve allowed us to move the goalposts on the appearance clauses and when they’re triggered. So instead of another 3 appearances to trigger £10m, they’ve let us reset it back to 20 games or something.

There’s something murky about this whole thing. I want to know what the original deal was, what his new wages will be, what a “revised payment structure” means. I don’t like how shadowy this is.

My feeling is would be half of that 40m is on appearances. 10m incentives and 10m the sell on (which is 25%). Everton are probably looking to get them wiped off. I cant understand why Levy wouldn't do that. I don't know what happens if its a new contract though, as technically he's a free agent. That may give us some leverage.

My feeling is would be half of that 40m is on appearances. 10m incentives and 10m the sell on (which is 25%). Everton are probably looking to get them wiped off. I cant understand why Levy wouldn't do that. I don't know what happens if its a new contract though, as technically he's a free agent. That may give us some leverage.

We had a deal with city when we loaned Barry in his final year.

If we signed him at the end of the year ( when he was a free agent) we had to pay but if he went anywhere else the wouldn’t have to pay

At his peak he was verging on world class.

He’s potentially not that player any more, none of us really know.

Could he regain a modicum of form? I think he can, will be bang in 18 premier league goals in a season from attacking midfield in this side? Very very unlikely however he could still add moments which either assist us or win us games.

If big Sean Dyche is fine with it, and the player is fit, a reasonable contract isn’t completely out of the realms of possibility.
Also if we’re being very honest, nevermind 18 goals, if he genuinely got 4 goals he’d probably still be one of the top scorers.

People really need to realise with Dele that to be a good player for current Everton he doesn’t even have to get near back to his best, not even close. He was once world class undoubtedly, now he’ll be expected to be a slightly above average PL player to stand out with us.

I simply believe that if Dyche can get him fit and focused Dele’s natural talent will do 90% of the work and he’ll contribute for us. Wait and see.

At his peak he was verging on world class.

He’s potentially not that player any more, none of us really know.

Could he regain a modicum of form? I think he can, will be bang in 18 premier league goals in a season from attacking midfield in this side? Very very unlikely however he could still add moments which either assist us or win us games.

If big Sean Dyche is fine with it, and the player is fit, a reasonable contract isn’t completely out of the realms of possibility.
We’ll look like genius’s
*taps temple with index finger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back