2023/24 Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.
For once and for all Everton bought Dele (not loan) from Spurs but for nothing upfront with contingent fees depending on appearances (never met), a sell-on % and (we now know) a fee on contract extension/renewal.

With his contract with us now expired we would have to pay Spurs if we renew his contract. We are attempting to negotiate that away so we can offer him a new contract without paying a fee. Spurs will retain their sell-on clause (increased?) if we do.

It is an unusual deal but it not that hard to understand.
How much do we owe MK dons in all this?

I never said it did in this post. I'm saying there was already a sell on clause.

It seems to me that Everton have shifted the position of payments. Spurs wanted £8 million in January 2024 when we tried to renegotiate.

I fear we're paying millions to Spurs (yet again) on top of his salary. This is money me, you and everyone else puts into the club from our tickets etc

This is a player that has barely played. What if he breaks down again? That money is gone.

We cannot have our cake and eat it.
I know you didn’t. But it didn’t in any other posts either. So just wanted to make sure.

I have Patrick Boyland blocked on twitter along with Greg O'Keffe as they wrote that headlock article.

It's been mentioned many times. "Substantial" "Significant" fee.

You're implying there is no fee. You're misleading the entire forum with that as there is going to be fees. Substantial ones.
God they must be gutted about this, imagine being blocked by Damo, world ending stuff this!!

Like a new signing 🤔

…But one where you are already disappointed… yet in the back of your mind you hope that dele goes all 2016 agains
If he has managed to stay in shape he will probably be solid. You have to question where he is mentally but if we are going through this much effort to keep him here you have to imagine he is making significant progress. We will maybe get a better glimpse in preseason of where he is at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back