2023/24 Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly looks like we are least going to offer him a contract.

I find it surprising, but let's see what happens.
I dunno, I think it's maybe just a case of being prepared and getting our ducks in a row in case we do want to offer a contract. It's better to have these things sorted just in case than to decide we'd like him to stay THEN have to negotiate. Dyche would obviously like him to stay if he can prove himself but it's surely far too early in pre-season for him to have done so already.

Also after a tough year with the injuries it's a light at the end of the tunnel for him to know there's a contract potentially there if he does well, keep him motivated.

I dunno, I think it's maybe just a case of being prepared and getting our ducks in a row in case we do want to offer a contract. It's better to have these things sorted just in case than to decide we'd like him to stay THEN have to negotiate. Dyche would obviously like him to stay if he can prove himself but it's surely far too early in pre-season for him to have done so already.

Also after a tough year with the injuries it's a light at the end of the tunnel for him to know there's a contract potentially there if he does well, keep him motivated.
That makes sense and this agreement probably makes it easier for Dyche to use him during pre season matches etc

But I think it has to be a realistic prospect that he is offered a contract, or else we wouldn't have negotiated with spurs.

That makes sense and this agreement probably makes it easier for Dyche to use him during pre season matches etc

But I think it has to be a realistic prospect that he is offered a contract, or else we wouldn't have negotiated with spurs.
Yeah it sounds like they are certainly minded to give him a contract but the bar still surely needs to be pretty high for him to merit a PL contract.

Bearing in mind that while Dyche may have a good relationship with him behind the scenes he's not actually seen him play a game of football since he took over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back