Kit for 24/25

Fair point. They shift so many units though, they all can’t be questionable across the range.

Being honest, I used to wear all my Umbro ones until they’d come apart, badge, sponsors the lot.
As a parent, I will happily stare that the quality of the Hummel stuff has always been very high. My son lives in his Everton kits throughout the year.

Apart from the occasionally fray to a sock, the kits have remained in good condition, and yes we’ll expect wear and tear over longer periods.

The issue appears to be that we can likely expect many more faults with the Castore kits in a much shorter period of time, so we can’t blame wear and tear.

As a parent, I will happily stare that the quality of the Hummel stuff has always been very high. My son lives in his Everton kits throughout the year.

Apart from the occasionally fray to a sock, the kits have remained in good condition, and yes we’ll expect wear and tear over longer periods.

The issue appears to be that we can likely expect many more faults with the Castore kits in a much shorter period of time, so we can’t blame wear and tear.

Get that mate, however to be very fair it’s a day - there hasn’t been time to say wheather it will stand up or not like previous kits.

I’d a ept ferns parentsja d, it’s a lot of money. My point was more a systemic one for the club. 20 mill a year kit deal is huge for the club, it a real enabler in therms of our overall turnover. It also sets an important bench mark for future deals. It’s a real step of progress commercially.

With Castore I also like the fact it’s a realtively local starting brand compared to the others, I think that offers certain benefits and I like the narrative.

The shorts are also too short, they're out of proportion with the shirt, thought it was just the kids version but they all looked too short on the players yesterday too, like the 80s

Get that mate, however to be very fair it’s a day - there hasn’t been time to say wheather it will stand up or not like previous kits.

I’d a ept ferns parentsja d, it’s a lot of money. My point was more a systemic one for the club. 20 mill a year kit deal is huge for the club, it a real enabler in therms of our overall turnover. It also sets an important bench mark for future deals. It’s a real step of progress commercially.

With Castore I also like the fact it’s a realtively local starting brand compared to the others, I think that offers certain benefits and I like the narrative.
Don't get me wrong, I agree with all these points because we're in need of the additional revenue to help set us on a better footing commercially.

However, for many fans (especially the younger ones and their families), their Everton kit is the primary thing they associate with the club - it ties them to it.

More own Everton kits than attend games or support the club in other commercial ways, so you would hope and expect it would be the forefront of quality.

It's forwarding facing; it's the biggest piece of daily advertisement the club can really produce. So when the quality is so poor, you're advertising this low standard.

While I hope I am wrong about the kit standing up to the test of time, I sincerely doubt I will be based on the all evidence currently available to me and others.

Look at all their other PL deals and the copious amount of failures; look at the example I gave from the ECB; look at Gueye's kit - the first outing of the thing.

They're offering us more money than ever, so how are they affording that? Well, it looks like it's at the expense of quality of fabrics and any form of quality control.

Every year, we buy my son most or all the kits and the training wear, so you can see how much that adds up to, but my wife saw the fiasco yesterday and said...

"Let's look at some of the fake versions...", so the club may not get the revenue they expect.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with all these points because we're in need of the additional revenue to help set us on a better footing commercially.

However, for many fans (especially the younger ones and their families), their Everton kit is the primary thing they associate with the club - it ties them to it.

More own Everton kits than attend games or support the club in other commercial ways, so you would hope and expect it would be the forefront of quality.

It's forwarding facing; it's the biggest piece of daily advertisement the club can really produce. So when the quality is so poor, you're advertising this low standard.

While I hope I am wrong about the kit standing up to the test of time, I sincerely doubt I will be based on the all evidence currently available to me and others.

Look at all their other PL deals and the copious amount of failures; look at the example I gave from the ECB; look at Gueye's kit - the first outing of the thing.

They're offering us more money than ever, so how are they affording that? Well, it looks like it's at the expense of quality of fabrics and any form of quality control.

Every year, we buy my son most or all the kits and the training wear, so you can see how much that adds up to, but my wife saw the fiasco yesterday and said...

"Let's look at some of the fake versions...", so the club may not get the revenue they expect.

I get all that mate. Just feel the sample is very small to be drawing conclusions. They do the Irish shirt here and it’s been a hit, see loads of them about, it’s actually a really popular release and see loads of kids living in them and can’t say I’ve heard a reported issue.

1721463267915.webp

I expect where they make their money on the deal is the pricing, you can get the kids Ireland kit for €60 the adult for just north of €80.

The Everton kits are €117 for the replica, €89 for 5he kids, €162 for the pro. You can see where the 20 mill could potentially come from.

I get all that mate. Just feel the sample is very small to be drawing conclusions. They do the Irish shirt here and it’s been a hit, see loads of them about, it’s actually a really popular release and see loads of kids living in them and can’t say I’ve heard a reported issue.

View attachment 265304

I expect where they make their money on the deal is the pricing, you can get the kids Ireland kit for €60 the adult for just north of €80.

The Everton kits are €117 for the replica, €89 for 5he kids, €162 for the pro. You can see where the 20 mill could potentially come from.
It depends if people are going to fork out that for it. Is that €117 for the whole kit or just the shirt?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back