Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was battered by a lot of you in the summer for saying that he isn't good enough for us.

He is slow, predictable and offers absolutely nothing.

Big player at Swansea, sure. So was Williams. Not. Good. Enough!

Got to say, I never wanted him. Not at 15m let alone 45m. Gross negligence from the manager/board in my opinion. The fact we never signed a target man to suit him compounds the issue, renders him useless really. We needed pace, power and technique, hes the opposite.

I was battered by a lot of you in the summer for saying that he isn't good enough for us.

He is slow, predictable and offers absolutely nothing.

Big player at Swansea, sure. So was Williams. Not. Good. Enough!

Apparently the best creative midfielder in the premier league somehow went unnoticed by every single other club in Europe, in particular those above us in the table. I wonder why...

Got to say, I never wanted him. Not at 15m let alone 45m. Gross negligence from the manager/board in my opinion. The fact we never signed a target man to suit him compounds the issue, renders him useless really. We needed pace, power and technique, hes the opposite.
It pains me to say that I said exactly the same, I have never wished to be proven so wrong ever. Come on Siggy, play guitar and let us eat humble pie.

We'd signed Klaasen and Rooney, so i was nonplussed.

We've signed him, and he's better than Klaasen, but which ever way you look at it, £25-45m has been wasted.

You could buy a playmaker in mainland Europe for about half that price and younger.

Total negligence paying that much for him,he's worth 15 at most,it seems the the good work he did in the latter part of the season elevated his price.

You have to say Swansea played a blinder,we were bidding against ourselves as no other club had shown any interest in him,it was well known we had the money and we were desperate for a playmaker and Swansea got the absolute max for him and they don;t seem to be missing him much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back