Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

@riddick how are you doing, mate? Were you able to find a therapist to help you?

The other day I came across this article regarding using ear seeds to treat anxiety. Not sure if you are into alternative medicine, I'm and get acupuncture throughout the year for different issues, but here is the link if you want to check it out.

I had a breakdown last week. I was one of those that just ignored the signs are tried to crash through, don’t do it lads.

@Barnfred 55, that is beyond sad, hope the blues can help you
Sorry to hear that mate. I had a work related breakdown about 10 years ago, and I wish I was a member of this forum then because I know it would have helped me get through it. It's certainly been a godsend to me this past week.

Have a think about whether you want to share your problems on here mate. It's completely anonymous and apart from getting things off your chest there's likely people on here who have been through something similar and would be able to offer you sound advice. If you prefer not to that's absolutely fine too. That's the beauty of this thread. Sometimes you can get a lift from just knowing there's people in the world that care.

@riddick how are you doing, mate? Were you able to find a therapist to help you?

The other day I came across this article regarding using ear seeds to treat anxiety. Not sure if you are into alternative medicine, I'm and get acupuncture throughout the year for different issues, but here is the link if you want to check it out.

Hello there! Doing ok, Been on a medicine I really don't like but seems to be "working" more or less. Took a genetic test called GeneSight that's meant to tell you how your body metabolizes each medicine so side effects should, in theory, be better. The annoying thing is 3 medicines I've taken that I had bad side effects with are in the "good" area so not sure what to think there. Meet with a therapist last week, I'm being honest when I say that if I had met her 2 months before I wouldn't have the biggest problem. Still annoyed about that part. She was very professional and easy to speak with. Also doing a daily program that helps a lot with structure but it ends within the next 2 weeks so I need to figure out what my next step is. I still have weird ass panic attacks when I'm solo so I need to change my meds soon.

Hello there! Doing ok, Been on a medicine I really don't like but seems to be "working" more or less. Took a genetic test called GeneSight that's meant to tell you how your body metabolizes each medicine so side effects should, in theory, be better. The annoying thing is 3 medicines I've taken that I had bad side effects with are in the "good" area so not sure what to think there. Meet with a therapist last week, I'm being honest when I say that if I had met her 2 months before I wouldn't have the biggest problem. Still annoyed about that part. She was very professional and easy to speak with. Also doing a daily program that helps a lot with structure but it ends within the next 2 weeks so I need to figure out what my next step is. I still have weird ass panic attacks when I'm solo so I need to change my meds soon.

I'm sure your goal is to feel great again but you seem to have made some good progress since the last time you posted here so hopefully this the beginning of your path to recovery. Modern medicine has so many benefits but along with it are all the side effects, so it may take a bit longer to find out which are the best meds for you. All this trying must get frustrating but don't give up. Good luck figuring out your next step, don't be too hard on yourself if you need extra time to figure out what's next though. Remember one step at a time still is a good path to better mental health ?

I’ve had problems with my mental health for a while now, a mix of anxiety and can get angry quite easily, I’ve dealt well with it but Everton always brings it back. lol It brings anxiety and I get angry easily by the end of the game and it’s not good for my health. I want to watch Everton as a loyal supporter but it’s now causing physical health problems like stomach pains now.

Advice would help, I’d expect other people have had similar problems and how they got through it.

I’ve had problems with my mental health for a while now, a mix of anxiety and can get angry quite easily, I’ve dealt well with it but Everton always brings it back. lol It brings anxiety and I get angry easily by the end of the game and it’s not good for my health. I want to watch Everton as a loyal supporter but it’s now causing physical health problems like stomach pains now.

Advice would help, I’d expect other people have had similar problems and how they got through it.
You have recognised that you have a problem and that is a big step forward. I found that my anxiety was eased by practising relaxation and mindfulness. Exercise can also be a help. You could try taking a break from Everton for a few weeks easier said than done I know, but the international break will give you a start lol. I’m sure other posters will be along with some great advice soon. All the best.?

I was like this a couple years ago until I realized nothing I did was going to change the outcome on the pitch and, if that were true, what's the point of getting upset about it? I still get excited and annoyed but farrrr less than I used to.

Breathing and just trying to watch it like you would a movie or tv show, try that's mentally next time we're on.

On and off I was the same but I didn't realise that it was Everton .I just seemed to get all het up at the wife on Saturdays (or whenever they played ) ,picking up on her cooking ,the way she spoke or what she said .I am still a bit like that but now I know what it is ,I try to just step back and count to ten, the form we have had for a few seasons hasn't helped but hopefully we are on the way back .It is easy to offer advice but we all mean it on here and no one judges you so keep posting .Good luck .

I was like this a couple years ago until I realized nothing I did was going to change the outcome on the pitch and, if that were true, what's the point of getting upset about it? I still get excited and annoyed but farrrr less than I used to.

Breathing and just trying to watch it like you would a movie or tv show, try that's mentally next time we're on.
I’m trying to think that I can’t change anything, and it doesn’t matter in a way, it doesn’t affect my life.

You have recognised that you have a problem and that is a big step forward. I found that my anxiety was eased by practising relaxation and mindfulness. Exercise can also be a help. You could try taking a break from Everton for a few weeks easier said than done I know, but the international break will give you a start lol. I’m sure other posters will be along with some great advice soon. All the best.?
Thankyou

When Allardyce was our manager ( spits ) I stopped going to the match and started going to watch Sale Sharks with my lad instead ( he plays rugby union )

Much to my surprise, I loved it and still go now.

I also go and watch York City when I`m in York( missus is from York ) and I really enjoy that too.

There`s more to life than Everton mate ;)