Match Thread Watford v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They had us favourites to beat leicester on sunday which i thought was a bit crazy.
Lets hope they are right again
I don’t think we were fav. Payout was 2.7 to win at Leicester.

The odds tonight is really strange. My heart say we’ll score first and win but my mind disagree.

Anyone else find the fan power at present a bit bittersweet?

Great to see the atmosphere/greeting the team bus at FF etc but why haven't we been doing this in big games like Cup Quarters/Semi finals/Derby games?

Feels like once we are safe we'll go back to being groaners who dont want to do anything without looking like Kopites.

….then it becomes the norm.

Our supporters care about their club. They cared when the most obnoxious managerial appointment in our history and they care about the prospect of relegation.

Amazing some on here criticised our amazing fans for protesting over Benitez & one even wants us to get relegated. Never forget, without these fans I have no doubt we’d be already relegated & the club would be in more turmoil that it is. They might have saved it in the Nick of time.

Massive game tonight let’s hope the fans get us over the line. Up the Toffees.

Last edited:
I don’t think we were fav. Payout was 2.7 to win at Leicester.

The odds tonight is really strange. My heart say we’ll score first and win but my mind disagree.

Prob varied from bookie to bookie. Bet365 had us slight favourites.

We turn up tonight , then we win this match. We don't turn up , then who knows. It's not rocket science. And nothing is a given. But we are the team on a little roll. And almost safe. Watford are down and out. And in no sort of form. We have to beat them.
So no passengers tonight in the Everton ranks. No mistakes. A clean sheet would be great. And take our chances. We win this match easy-peasy. We win 4-0. Crazy prediction considering our away form. But who would we prefer to play toniggt? Given a choice........i'd pick this awful Watford outfit. And that's who we play. An awful Watford team. We couldn't have picked a better team to play when looking for all 3 points...

So it's all systems go. Get out of the blocks fast. Knock the stuffing out of them early. Get a lead. Give them nothing. Win this match.
And if the inconceivable happens , and we get beat. Then we have another chance to claw to safety at the weekend. The season from hell continues.... And I give up predicting what this Everton team will do in future matches.
So......Just turn up tonight. Nothing is a given. But play like we have in recent weeks. Then we should have too much about us to beat this awful Watford team. So let's rock and roll. 4-0 win tonight. Up The Toffees.

We turn up tonight , then we win this match. We don't turn up , then who knows. It's not rocket science. And nothing is a given. But we are the team on a little roll. And almost safe. Watford are down and out. And in no sort of form. We have to beat them.
So no passengers tonight in the Everton ranks. No mistakes. A clean sheet would be great. And take our chances. We win this match easy-peasy. We win 4-0. Crazy prediction considering our away form. But who would we prefer to play toniggt? Given a choice........i'd pick this awful Watford outfit. And that's who we play. An awful Watford team. We couldn't have picked a better team to play when looking for all 3 points...

So it's all systems go. Get out of the blocks fast. Knock the stuffing out of them early. Get a lead. Give them nothing. Win this match.
And if the inconceivable happens , and we get beat. Then we have another chance to claw to safety at the weekend. The season from hell continues.... And I give up predicting what this Everton team will do in future matches.
So......Just turn up tonight. Nothing is a given. But play like we have in recent weeks. Then we should have too much about us to beat this awful Watford team. So let's rock and roll. 4-0 win tonight. Up The Toffees.

The demon in my head is back. And says this is the first game the result doesnt matter and they will go enjoy themselves.
Hoping king isnt playing as the most Everton of Everton things happened at Goodison with his hat trick. Thats what being an Evertonian is so many times.
Lampard though has been banging the drum about complacency though.

Any pics?
1652271761191.png

Michael Keane is playing

They had us favourites to beat leicester on sunday which i thought was a bit crazy.
Lets hope they are right again
Did they lol, I would have not put us as favs v Leicester even if they played on Thursday as its just a mental thing as in its the same as a wed/sat to a Thur/sun game, The Foxes put out quite a decent team to what many thought as well

Status
Not open for further replies.