Match Thread Watford v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Keane is playing
He played ok against Leicester city. Not my favourite Everton player. And I want better than Keane for next season. But it is what it is.
I don't expect that Watford will be much of a threat tonight. So even Keane should be able to cope. Let's hope so.
And who knows. He might get on the end of a cross and nod one home at the other end.
Keane will be ok tonight.........I hope.
Ps......all our defenders can make mistakes. I'd be more worried if Kenny lined up at left back. And our forwards can and often do miss chances.
Plenty of mistakes in this Everton team. But none tonight.....thank you.

Last edited:
If Burnley and/or Leeds lose their next fixture and we win tonight, I  believe we would only need one point from our remaining three fixtures to be safe..
Unless I've totally miscalculated.

He played ok against Leicester city. Not my favourite Everton player. And I want better than Keane for next season. But it is what it is.
I don't expect that Watford will be much of a threat tonight. So even Keane should be able to cope. Let's hope so.
And who knows. He might get on the end of a cross and nod one home at the other end.
Keane will be ok tonight.........I hope.
Fingers crossed mate

Always disliked Hodgson personally, never mind the fact he's badly overrated. Do you think the home supporters are going to give it to him tonight after his farcical behaviour at the weekend?

I really hope so mate as he deserves all the stick he gets. We know part of the problem is the surreal short-termism of the owners so anyone who comes in this lazy bunch of overpaid players know he'll likely be gone soon but Hodgson has displayed elite sh*thousery not seen before in these parts :)

Be great if and when we can officially secure safety. Seems like there has been something riding on every game since the start of the year practically. If it was cup finals and at the other end of the table, it would be exhilarating but this has been pure and almost unbroken nervous tension for an age.

A win tonight and almost there as regards putting that to bed, hopefully not to return.

COYB!

I'm still nervous, but optimistic too
always nervous when Everton play. I'm nervous when we are leading 2-0.
Never really happy until the final whistle blows..
And I've seen Everton lose ( we all have ) matches before that on paper they should have had too much for the opposition. But matches are not played on paper. So always that doubt about Everton.
But we have to be optimistic about getting a result tonight. Playing an injury ravaged , relegated, awful Watford team. What could go wrong.
Up The Toffees.

I really hope so mate as he deserves all the stick he gets. We know part of the problem is the surreal short-termism of the owners so anyone who comes in this lazy bunch of overpaid players know he'll likely be gone soon but Hodgson has displayed elite sh*thousery not seen before in these parts :)

What did he do mate?

Watford v Everton​

Read Jake Osgathorpe's full preview

Everton's recent upturn in form has come thanks to an improvement in organisation and stability, with both contributing to stronger defensive displays.

Across their last five - in which they have played Leicester (twice), Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool - the Toffees have allowed 1.34 xGA per game. That is impressive, and a marked decrease on their season average before that run, which stood at nearly 2.0 xGA per game.

In that same sample, Everton have generated just 1.04 xGF per game, which tells us that chances have been few and far between at either end in their games of late, and I expect this trend to continue as they visit a toothless Watford.

So, it was pleasantly surprising to see UNDER 2.5 GOALS available at a best price of 39/40, with the 10/11 widely available also considered a decent enough price.

Score prediction: Watford 0-1 Everton (Sky Bet odds: 6/1)

Status
Not open for further replies.