Match Thread Watford v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Burnley and/or Leeds lose their next fixture and we win tonight, I  believe we would only need one point from our remaining three fixtures to be safe..
Unless I've totally miscalculated.

If we win tonight we go four points clear of those two teams.

If they both lose their next game they can still mathematically get another six points.

So no, sadly we will still need another three points if we win tonight.

(though two would do it as Leeds GD is way worse than ours).

Just read that 7,000 Evertonians will be making the trip tonight? That is absolutely incredible if true. On a midweek fixture as well.

Throw in the fact Watford play Z Cars as the teams come out and it really will have the feel of a home fixture ;)

We really should be looking to do them over in a similar fashion to West Ham v an already relegated Norwich recently, 4-0 I think that one ended. Yes, I know this is Everton but there really is no excuses for anything less tonight considering Watford's decimated squad. If we're professional we should be winning at a canter.

We really should be looking to do them over in a similar fashion to West Ham v an already relegated Norwich recently, 4-0 I think that one ended. Yes, I know this is Everton but there really is no excuses for anything less tonight considering Watford's decimated squad. If we're professional we should be winning at a canter.
Would take a win by any means right now. But as you say if it’s true about there injuries and illness. Then as professionals should be a comfortable win. But I know this team and club for to long to know we don’t do simple.

I would be happy with a 0-1 win TBH. We dont do well against end of season relegated teams and if Woy plays a bunch of kids and ressies I think thats worse than playing the jaded 1st team that got them relegated. Sorry to be a downer!

Was offered 2 tickets for Brothers Osborne tonight, seen them few times since 2017, couldn't get any Watford tickets so a bit of Country to take the mind off the match! Im guessing will be glued to GOT and live ticker all way through!

Come on Blues lets do this!

"stay a little longer!"(for those that know)

UTFT

If Burnley and/or Leeds lose their next fixture and we win tonight, I  believe we would only need one point from our remaining three fixtures to be safe..
Unless I've totally miscalculated.
Your scenario of us winning tonight. And Leeds and Burnley losing their next match would be great. Leeds play Chelseas tonight. And Burnley are away to spurs on sunday. Let's hope for wins for Chelsea and Spurs.
Everything helps. Get this awful season over.

But it's 3 points to be safe , that we need from that scenario. 2 Would keep us ahead of Leeds . As they have an awful goal difference.
defeat tonight throws everything up in the air. Our players can't let that happen. So let's just win tonight. And then beat Brentford. And then play a few youngsters in the last two matches. Let's see what we have for next season. It's all in our own hands. Just keep winning football matches.
Up The Toffees.....

Last edited:
Just read that 7,000 Evertonians will be making the trip tonight? That is absolutely incredible if true. On a midweek fixture as well.
I've been reading that thousands have bought tickets in the home end as well. Its only 21k capacity. Could there be more away fans than home fans?

I see Forest Green are up in arms over Watford's unauthorised approach to their manager. If only there was some kind of plastic reptile that fans could wave in such a situation..

Same watford who were up in arms and blamed Everton for their slump in form after an "unwarranted approach" of marco silva.
Shame that.

If we win tonight we go four points clear of those two teams.

If they both lose their next game they can still mathematically get another six points.

So no, sadly we will still need another three points if we win tonight.

(though two would do it as Leeds GD is way worse than ours).
And we can mathematically end with 47 points. But we wont, just like Watford and Burnley wont win both of their last two.

Last comment from me for now. We hadn't won two back to back matches in the PL for ages. We now have. We hadn 't won away from home for ages. We now have. And we are now out of the bottom three. Let's just stay out . Just keep this wee run going...
And of course this match tonight could be a banana skin. But for once let's not step on it. Let's kick this banana skin out of our way. Kick it into row z. So it's 4-0 for me tonight. Up The Toffees......

Status
Not open for further replies.