Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember the best season most of us younger fans have experienced watching Everton (El Loco's 1st season) had little business done until deadline day then signed Romelu, Baz and Del Bhoy, drew our first 3 games on the spin but ended up finishing 5th.

Lots can happen between now and 1st September peeps just need to chill oot man and wait and see the score.
I totally get the frustration, we need players in. But it's not like there's been no movement or attempts. It's very clear what the problem is - and that's what's so frustrating, because it's entirely the fault of the divs at the top of the club for letting this happen.

But it's where we are.

We need cover for dcl
we simply can't really afford it

So we'll have to go and get an attacker who can replace Richarlison and also provide that cover for DCL, which looking at three of the known four targets so far for that attacking spot, is exactly what we seem to be after.

And I don't think they will, I also literally said that? I'm really not sure what point you're trying to make here? What I was saying is that even when fans do want a manager out, it isn't generally because they think the board and squad are absolutely brilliant and a new manager will suddenly make us world beaters, it's because managerial change is easier to accomplish than board change or squad change. The same happens at all clubs, managers get sacked a lot more often than chairmen or players do, this is not a coincidence.

We've tried every possible type of manager, that's why I think we are in different territory now. One of the greatest of all time could only get us to 10th. If fans vent their frustrations by trying to get Lampard sacked rather than turning on the hierarchy, then I think they are seriously misguided. That's why I expect Lampard to get time this year, when there are inevitably difficult periods.

Every team has its excuses for underperforming.

I think you're in for a shock if you don't expect this squad to struggle again. It's more or less garbage from front to back.
THIS squad will struggle, but not as bad as last season for obvious reasons and it will be much improved between now and window close. Even Tarks will make a huge difference as will a fit DCL.

I totally get the frustration, we need players in. But it's not like there's been no movement or attempts. It's very clear what the problem is - and that's what's so frustrating, because it's entirely the fault of the divs at the top of the club for letting this happen.

But it's where we are.

Exactly - after this season the worst rolling year is off the FFP 3 year period and we'll be able to spend again on top of Kean being sold and a few big earner squaddies like Allan, Mina, Townie and King Salaman off the books.

It likely means another average season of midtable but get this season oot the way and we have the chance to properly go again with a proper system in place this time with Thelwell.

But it's where we are.

More importantly, we need players out. The squad needs to be overhauled. There still doesn't seem to be enough urgency and desire to make the tough decisions.

I don't feel that Lampard is being supported properly by the club. No other organised football club sells their best player for over £50m and has no one lined up to replace them. I don't want to be critical for the sake of it, but it's amateurish stuff.

We are targeting players in the positions we need - based on bids and the managers comments. Having already addressed the cb problem.

For Everton of the past 6/7 years this is already a huge improvement in strategy from the DoF/Manager - no signing ten number 10s when we do t even play with one or not targeting a RB for 4 seasons etc etc

We have limited funds and loan positions, my view is we are going to try to ensure we bring in the players we need to fill the weakest areas - we rush and overpay or go too early on a loan deal - then we increase the risk we will have the same old problem of a couple of areas we have massive problems with.

Yes it means being patient and trusting that the manager and dof working together know what they need to do and bring in.

Same for any players leaving, we will be working to ensure no one not wanted is here come mid august - but every out in terms of fees (sales or loans) and wages (% paid of a loan) will directly and positively effect our ability to recruit also, so need to ensure we get the best possible deals out in every instance.

Take Braithwaite say we got 500k loan deal for him - say he's on 20k pw, we've added 1.5m say Broadhead is on 10k and we get a 100k fee for loaning him, we've just added another 600k.

That's just from loaning players nowhere near the starting squad. Repeat that type of deal with 3-4 more young players - we will have added 5-6m headroom to enable further incomings.

Get decent loan fees for the likes of Gomes, Gbanim, Mina? and 50% of the wages paid and you can be adding 15/20m+ on top of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.