Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
By all accounts Lampard loves him. Every session he would say that the best player was Billy Gilmour.

Then ultimately I think he's the player we will get mate - I don't think it'll be a loan either, I think it's gonna be a buy, we'll use that loan space for another Chelsea player

At least we should sign 1 more CM before the season starts. The frontline does not promise many goals and we should provide more support to them. Gray is good if he can forcus on attack. DCL can score goals if we can deliver some decent passes.

But we have done that mate?

Watford wanted lots for Dennis and we think there's better value elsewhere.
KLP - Hull said no to our offer because it was only a tiny downpayment
Broja - Again, we can't afford £30m or to match West Ham, by the looks.

So seems our 4th target was Cornet and we're in talks. it's simply where we are.

Like it's not like the plan isn't there. It's just hard to get it done...

I'll also says history has shown that sometimes not getting that first choice can weirdly end up working out better.

Lukaku rather than Ba for example.

See people wondering why we haven't git x,y,z in already on loan, rather than thinking that we have two domestic loan spots and limited finances to buy, so if we loan early and certain players become available later in the window - we won't be able to try to get them in.

Take Gilmour - he's likely affordable to buy or loan, we loan him and any other Chelsea player suddenly becomes available to loan, say Broja, Gallacher, Perisic, Colwill, or whoever from there, then we can't even approach them.

So my guess is we have a few lists of contingencies if we buy x then loan for y etc, think when we start it'll be like dominos with several deals happening in a short time actually

I'll also says history has shown that sometimes not getting that first choice can weirdly end up working out better.

See people wondering why we haven't git x,y,z in already on loan, rather than thinking that we have two domestic loan spots and limited finances to buy, so if we loan early and certain players become available later in the window - we won't be able to try to get them in.

Take Gilmour - he's likely affordable to buy or loan, we loan him and any other Chelsea player suddenly becomes available to loan, say Broja, Gallacher, Perisic, Colwill, or whoever from there, then we can't even approach them.

So my guess is we have a few lists of contingencies if we buy x then loan for y etc, think when we start it'll be like dominos with several deals happening in a short time actually
Leicester wanting Veretout instead of Kante another good example

Remember the best season most of us younger fans have experienced watching Everton (El Loco's 1st season) had little business done until deadline day then signed Romelu, Baz and Del Bhoy, drew our first 3 games on the spin but ended up finishing 5th.

Lots can happen between now and 1st September peeps just need to chill oot man and wait and see the score.

Leicester wanting Veretout instead of Kante another good example

Yup, whenever this club pursued a target till they got them regardless of cost, it invariably turned out badly.

Weirdly our best recruitment strategy over the past twenty years has been loan then buy them.

Arteta, Pienaar, Yobo, Barry, Lukaku, just off the top of my head where all loaned in prior to buying them.

Closely behind that is targeting players with the right attitude from the championship or 'fodder' teams.

Cahill, Jagielka, Baines, Carsley, now Tarkowski seems to be in that mould too.

Lampard stated he wants to focus on the right type of character - think that's way more important to remember when analysing who we need rather than flashy YouTube clips.

Its why the Dennis link never seemed a goer to me, also why I don't think Winks was a Lampard choice either.

Gilmour, MGW both seem to have that but of snide about them & we need that throughout the squad.

The negotiations should have started long before Richarlison was sold. If that had happened then Everton would have known that their targets were out of reach and we wouldn't be offering loan deals for relegated full backs playing up front for Burnley. The plan started late, was fatally flawed and now we're scrambling around for scraps and will likely start the season weaker than a season in which we accrued 39 points and were nearly relegated. It's a poor start. Here's hoping it gets better.
We have no idea what is going on behind the scenes. Everything could have changed when uzzy got nailed, the Kean money, ffp stuff, ground payments etc etc

They could have waited until end of season (staying up) to discuss requirements etc

It is highly unlikely thelwell has only just started on recruitment

It seems like another guesswork reason for posters to turn on elements of the club

It’s actually very sad the state that this club is in right now

Excluding iwobi our entire offence has cost us about 3-4 mil

Dcl was 1-2 mil
Gordon was an academy product
Gray 1-2 mil
Townsend - free
Rondon - free
Dele - free

And this is a club which is supposedly worth 500 mil?

This is a team already bracing itself for another relegation battle
No mate, let’s finish the window first

No mate, let’s finish the window first
We play 6 premier league games prior to the window closing, and Liverpool about 2 days later where a new deadline day signing would be unlikely to play. That’s roughly a fifth of the season gone.

I’d suggest your sense of laid back confidence is misplaced. We need signings in in the next 2 weeks.

Remember the best season most of us younger fans have experienced watching Everton (El Loco's 1st season) had little business done until deadline day then signed Romelu, Baz and Del Bhoy, drew our first 3 games on the spin but ended up finishing 5th.

Lots can happen between now and 1st September peeps just need to chill oot man and wait and see the score.
Normally I'd agree, but there are 5 league matches in August and a league cup match. Our season could be in trouble, by then.

We play 6 premier league games prior to the window closing, and Liverpool about 2 days later where a new deadline day signing would be unlikely to play. That’s roughly a fifth of the season gone.

I’d suggest your sense of laid back confidence is misplaced. We need signings in in the next 2 weeks.
We aren’t going to be relegation candidates though

Is Gilmour a genuine link or are people just putting 2 & 2 together and getting 8
Who knows, but a few blue ticked journalists have tweeted it. Its an easy link to make though given that Lampard loves him, we seem to be targeting players in that position and he would be relatively cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.