Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fans wanted Benitez out sure. But they were also calling Carlo Ancelotti possibly one of the greatest managers of all time a prehistoric dinosaur who didn’t know how to run a training session or coach attacking football by the end of his time here. Silva and Allardyce were also for the scrap heap according to the majority of fans.
In a shocking twist, it was those same fans saying “16th to 16th”

Dum dum duuuuuum

Apparently Fab Romano says if Chelsea sign a couple more defenders they will let Levi Colwill go.

Also that us and Southampton are "very" interested in him.

Off his youtube channel...
I'm not saying our centre halves are great by any means but in terms of outfield positions I think it would genuinely be bottom of my list of places to recruit for at the moment. Would only make sense to me if he was coming in fairly cheaply and 2 of the current options were moving on to generate money.

Its a dead season as stated before. We cant invest much with FFP. Just need to consolidate another season until some players get off the books. It will be harder this time. We are in a battle with 3 promoted teams Dont think any of them will be as weak as Norwich Watford which was a huge bonus last year. Really it was a battle between ourselves Leeds and Burnley for the last relegation spot. Bournemouth will probably be one. Forest the other. Fulham would be my bet to

This year I believe Southampton and Brentford will join in. Both had poor form the second half of the season and neither have done much squad strenghtening this summer. Brentford will have the dreaded second season syndrome as well

Wolves and Brighton would be two teams with an outside chance of slipping in there too. Brighton have lost a couple and you have a feeling there has been a little luck there

Leeds would be an outside bet to have a comfortable mid table finish like Palace or Villa last year. They have lost 2 key players but spent big distributing talent around the team instead of relying on just a couple of players. They had worse injury problems than us last year as well. Seems like they are ready to spend big on another striker too

Our existing talent should be enough and I am sure we will bring one or two in. Tarkowski at the back with Mina and the two full backs with Pickford behind them should be good. DCL and Gordon with the likes of Gray, Iwobi maybe a signing or two should be enough. Midfield is the issue but Gomes, Allan and Doucoure surely can be better than the teams down with us. Deli Alli is a wildcard too. Talent is there, maybe he will realise its last chance for him here with us. Definetly a signing or two incoming as well. Probably wont be getting world beaters but enough to keep us above the dross around us

My prediction for bottom 9

Wolves
Leeds
Brighton
Fulham
Everton
Southampton
Brentford
Forest
Bournemouth

High correlation between fans who wanted Ancelotti out and fans who supported Benitez, and now want Lampard to fail....

giphy.gif

High correlation between fans who wanted Ancelotti out and fans who supported Benitez, and now want Lampard to fail....

Also a high correlation between fans who say “not arsed where we finish lad we’re just making up the numbers anyway, not arsed if we go down either I’ll continue to support them because I’m boss and the PL is corrupt anyway lad” and fans that also say “Lampard should be getting top 10 with this squad or he should be sacked”

I'm not saying our centre halves are great by any means but in terms of outfield positions I think it would genuinely be bottom of my list of places to recruit for at the moment. Would only make sense to me if he was coming in fairly cheaply and 2 of the current options were moving on to generate money.

Tarkowski nailed on starter.

Mina, Keane, Holgate, Gordon.

If it's a back 4 we already can shift one, a back 5 we likely have the right amount currently (although ideally in both you'd want the lsst of those being a younger lad as he wouldn't play much - unless the Everton injury curse strikes again)

So bringing in Cowill you'd be looking at shifting 2 minimum of them maybe 3

Would only make sense if you'd had firm interest in a few already so knew you could sell them and bring in Cowill for an offset cost or even profit

Joking aside we slate our cbs, but think all 4 of Mina, Keane, Holgate and Godfrey would have serious interest on them should we let it be known we'd listen for reasonable offers.

Minas wages and contract being down to it's last year - looking at a loan at best I'd feel, Godfreys costs are still high in book value so don't see us being able to sell. Keane's high wages likely reduce the fee we'd recieve but he'd still be of serious interest to a lot of clubs and Holgate lowish wages no real costs to us is an obvious sellable player.

Could actually see someone like west ham, Newcastle or the like paying 10m+ fir Keane or Holgate though.

Wouldn't blame Lampard for swapping Mina for Colwill if Mina is still a major injury concern.

Where's our combative midfielder though.

We could lose our opening 5 games without scoring a goal and you’d still be on here calling everyone bedwetters because there’s still 33 games to go and the transfer window isn’t even shut.
But we might not!! It’s a mad waste of energy saying we are crap without waiting to see if we are crap. If we are good you lot have spent a lot of your summer sweating on nothing.

He's one of the accounts paid by someone to write the guff he does on here imo no one can be that negative 24/7 without a method to the madness.

Lets hope we can wrap the Cornet signing up and the moaners can move on from signing no players to moaning about we've only signed players from relegated Burnley.

Literally everyone on here laughs at you.

Tarkowski nailed on starter.

Mina, Keane, Holgate, Gordon.

If it's a back 4 we already can shift one, a back 5 we likely have the right amount currently (although ideally in both you'd want the lsst of those being a younger lad as he wouldn't play much - unless the Everton injury curse strikes again)

So bringing in Cowill you'd be looking at shifting 2 minimum of them maybe 3
We need probably two central midfielders and a wide player to replace Richarlison. It looks as if money is extremely tight so the last thing we will do is sign another centre half to join Tarkowski, Keane, Holgate, Godfrey, Mina and Welch.

I thought Welch was very impressive last Saturday and I would much prefer seeing us develop him and Branthwaite rather than signing another centre half .

Status
Not open for further replies.