Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't dislike you but I do think you're either being paid to bring disruption to the club or you've sunken into a dark place and you take your anger with the world/club out on fellow Blues on the forum which isn't needed.

Seriously, who is paying Evertonians to moan on a forum? And why?

Firstly, we need no encouragement. We're all addicted to misery and deep down love the suffering. Secondly, what would they gain from it?

I don't dislike you but I do think you're either being paid to bring disruption to the club or you've sunken into a dark place and you take your anger with the world/club out on fellow Blues on the forum which isn't needed.

If its the latter you need to accept EFC's current position/predicament in the game at present and not let it dictate your mood as we have no say in the running of the club.

Find something that brings you happiness as it isn't this club at current time clearly and its no good for others well being to have to read the constant negativity when the clubs depressing enough as it is at present.

Anyway I predict a signing in the coming days to lift our spirits ?

conspiracy-theory.gif

Firstly, we need no encouragement. We're all addicted to misery and deep down love the suffering. Secondly, what would they gain from it?

It’s far more likely someone from the club would be paying for bot accounts to spread false positivity around to try and take the heat off the board and owner. The other way round makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, but then look who it is that’s posting it.

It’s far more likely someone from the club would be paying for bot accounts to spread false positivity around to try and take the heat off the board and owner. The other way round makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, but then look who it is that’s posting it.

Again, two things: Firstly, nobody at the club is that forward thinking. Secondly, there's no way they could afford it.

The point being, it’s fatalistic attitudes before we have actually seen the summer play out! It’s just negative guess work and wasting your energies on situations that will change.
Utter madness
I’m defo not wasting my energy on it mate, I’m just pointing out peoples right to be concerned.

If anything you’re the one wasting your energy going round calling half the forum bedwetters every day when their views are imo justified.

Its a dead season as stated before. We cant invest much with FFP. Just need to consolidate another season until some players get off the books. It will be harder this time. We are in a battle with 3 promoted teams Dont think any of them will be as weak as Norwich Watford which was a huge bonus last year. Really it was a battle between ourselves Leeds and Burnley for the last relegation spot. Bournemouth will probably be one. Forest the other. Fulham would be my bet to

This year I believe Southampton and Brentford will join in. Both had poor form the second half of the season and neither have done much squad strenghtening this summer. Brentford will have the dreaded second season syndrome as well

Wolves and Brighton would be two teams with an outside chance of slipping in there too. Brighton have lost a couple and you have a feeling there has been a little luck there

Leeds would be an outside bet to have a comfortable mid table finish like Palace or Villa last year. They have lost 2 key players but spent big distributing talent around the team instead of relying on just a couple of players. They had worse injury problems than us last year as well. Seems like they are ready to spend big on another striker too

Our existing talent should be enough and I am sure we will bring one or two in. Tarkowski at the back with Mina and the two full backs with Pickford behind them should be good. DCL and Gordon with the likes of Gray, Iwobi maybe a signing or two should be enough. Midfield is the issue but Gomes, Allan and Doucoure surely can be better than the teams down with us. Deli Alli is a wildcard too. Talent is there, maybe he will realise its last chance for him here with us. Definetly a signing or two incoming as well. Probably wont be getting world beaters but enough to keep us above the dross around us

My prediction for bottom 9

Wolves
Leeds
Brighton
Fulham
Everton
Southampton
Brentford
Forest
Bournemouth

Saddest thing in football was ffp was brought in to save football clubs going bust, but it's been skewered that much by the big six's wishes that ffp could actually help send us down this year. Ffp is there nowadays simply to keep the big 6 where they are, noses firmly in the trough, to ensure they can spend the most money on who they like, build super squads and compete / win all the trophies available every year.

Call m
He's one of the accounts paid by someone to write the guff he does on here imo no one can be that negative 24/7 without a method to the madness.

Lets hope we can wrap the Cornet signing up and the moaners can move on from signing no players to moaning about we've only signed players from relegated Burnley.

Call me a moaner if you wish, but even you can't be happy with this transfer window so far ? It's fine saying wait until the end of the transfer window to make your judgement, but new players need time to bed in, settle, learn new systems. Last year we avoided relegation by the skin of our teeth, since then we've sold out best player, one of our best goal scorers in a team that finds goals hard to come by. We have brought in a decent defender, but he won't score the goals we need to survive. If this stays like this, without I'll say three decent additions, then I fear for us next season.

Bill we are crap and fake optimism isn't good for anyone. We are utter crap and have been for ages. We won't win a trophy as football is designed this way now. Let's just enjoy the few meaningless big wins we pull off each season at home.

I'm not saying our centre halves are great by any means but in terms of outfield positions I think it would genuinely be bottom of my list of places to recruit for at the moment. Would only make sense to me if he was coming in fairly cheaply and 2 of the current options were moving on to generate money.
Bottom of the list while everyone is healthy,going in to a Derby game with Keane and Holgate?

Saddest thing in football was ffp was brought in to save football clubs going bust, but it's been skewered that much by the big six's wishes that ffp could actually help send us down this year. Ffp is there nowadays simply to keep the big 6 where they are, noses firmly in the trough, to ensure they can spend the most money on who they like, build super squads and compete / win all the trophies available every year.

Call m

Call me a moaner if you wish, but even you can't be happy with this transfer window so far ? It's fine saying wait until the end of the transfer window to make your judgement, but new players need time to bed in, settle, learn new systems. Last year we avoided relegation by the skin of our teeth, since then we've sold out best player, one of our best goal scorers in a team that finds goals hard to come by. We have brought in a decent defender, but he won't score the goals we need to survive. If this stays like this, without I'll say three decent additions, then I fear for us next season.
Make no mistake, this is not an accidental byproduct of ffp, it's doing exactly what it was always intended to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back