Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not wanting to read through all posts..... do we have any updates on potential new signings as seems everything has gone quiet...

Are we close at all to signing anyone?

Really like the sound of this kid from Wolfsburg.

Gilmour on loan would be ok, i guess.

Cornet (if we can even get to the release clause).

Is that all? seems MGW and Broja are not on anymore...

Saddest thing in football was ffp was brought in to save football clubs going bust, but it's been skewered that much by the big six's wishes that ffp could actually help send us down this year. Ffp is there nowadays simply to keep the big 6 where they are, noses firmly in the trough, to ensure they can spend the most money on who they like, build super squads and compete / win all the trophies available every year.

Don’t the ‘Small 14’ have it within their power to do away with FFP, and they never had to agree to it in the first place? We only agreed to it because we didn’t like the idea of Manchester City surpassing us.

Have you ever considered that in the real world maybe people aren't all foaming at the mouth and spending all day agonising over our transfer deals, and are actually just saying what they think when they log on to a forum? It wastes literally none of my energy, I have no impact over it either way, I'm just commenting on what I think. It's pretty much exactly the same as you're doing, only with logic and reasoning behind it rather than blind faith.
But there is no logic being used if you are guessing on our summer business and ignoring the issues that went against us last year. I’m using the fact that we are clearly after signings and we will not have a season of luck and raf like last season

People just chose to only see the negatives despite things being worked on all by the manager on a daily basis

I would be worried about his lack of physicality, but I don't know why people are so down on this signing. Would instantly be our best midfielder (not that there's much competition for that) and is a really good passer- something we don't have.

The issue is that he can get pressed quite easily. If we get another physical midfielder to go in alongside him, I think this could be a really good signing if it comes off.

The point being, it’s fatalistic attitudes before we have actually seen the summer play out! It’s just negative guess work and wasting your energies on situations that will change.
Utter madness

Didn't you say all this last pre season ? Not having a go but we spent £1.7 m last year I think and as I remember you ate quite a bit of humble pie, blind loyalty is fine, but there has to be some proof of pudding at the end of it and not another creampie after being Totally... stuffed like last year.

Saddest thing in football was ffp was brought in to save football clubs going bust, but it's been skewered that much by the big six's wishes that ffp could actually help send us down this year. Ffp is there nowadays simply to keep the big 6 where they are, noses firmly in the trough, to ensure they can spend the most money on who they like, build super squads and compete / win all the trophies available every year.

Call m

Call me a moaner if you wish, but even you can't be happy with this transfer window so far ? It's fine saying wait until the end of the transfer window to make your judgement, but new players need time to bed in, settle, learn new systems. Last year we avoided relegation by the skin of our teeth, since then we've sold out best player, one of our best goal scorers in a team that finds goals hard to come by. We have brought in a decent defender, but he won't score the goals we need to survive. If this stays like this, without I'll say three decent additions, then I fear for us next season.

I've not been happy with Everton for years mate, It's just got to the point where I cant be bothered getting that worked up about it any longer what will be will be ultimately.

We aint realistically competing for Europe this season so I'm not bothered when the signings are made so long as they come in by deadline day.

I'll happily moan if come 1st September the manager hasn't been backed last like summer but with a home game against Chelsea and away game at Villa our first two games realistically it'll be backs to the walls defending for both needing to grind out results regardless of incomings.

Don’t the ‘Small 14’ have it within their power to do away with FFP, and they never had to agree to it in the first place? We only agreed to it because we didn’t like the idea of Manchester City surpassing us.

Well can we still change our mind. Can't believe Moshiri.would vote for that, did he ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back