£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Are Swansea laying the boot in a bit saying he didn't travel as he wasn't in the right frame of mind or just shifting the "blame" onto the player not having the club at the top of his priorities. Makes smoother transition with the fans if you can say he became a bad influence doesn't it!?
Really strange hearing that and it isn't about one of our players

I don't wish to disagree too much but I do think you've got Sandro's wages about 2.5 times too high. He's not an established first teamer, he's not coming from a country - or at least a club - that pays that kind of money and, with respect, if we'd been offering £120K he would have been on the first flight over with a supply of pens.

Since we paid something like £83M in wages last season and Lukaku was considered the highest paid player - and based on some formula or inside knowledge the wage bill last season was said to be split as follows (per week, in thousands)

Lukaku 90, Bolasie, Schneids 80, Williams 75, Mirallas, Baines 70, Barry, Gueye 60, Niasse 55, Jags, Cleverley, Lennon, Macca, Geri 50, Barkley, Coleman, RFM, Kone 40, Valencia, Gibson 35, Besic, DCL, Lookman, McGeady, Oviedo, Stek, Davies 25 Robles 20, other fringe first teamers players (with appearances in first team) around 10

That comes out around 1.4M per week or £72M or so. I expect the rest of the £83M will be management and Elstone etc.

So, according to those figures we just divested ourselves of around £18M worth of wages with the sales of Lukaku, Oviedo, Gibson, Geri, Cleverley, McGeady and departure of Valencia, Kone and McAleny

I understand that Coleman signed a new contract and my figures included the contract Davies signed. I estimate that Rooney is on 150, Klaasen and Keane on 80, Pickford 65, Ramires on 50. This is a total of about £23M - or a manageable increase of around £5M on last season.

If Gylfi comes he'd likely be on about £100K.. or another £5M p.a. So I believe we are well within manageable change given increased income. Our wage bill grew £8M last season as well.

Don't agree to be honest pal.

1. Lukaku was on £75k as far as I'm aware.
2. When Scnheiderlin came in I have it on good authority he was the highest paid player at the club - at at least £90k and I think more.
3. Here's the source on Sandro: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...rtlist-vitolo-fabinho-lacazette-a7835601.html
4. Those detracting from Moshiri's spend are also - by your logic - ignoring that Schneiderlin, Williams, Bolasie, Gueye all came in under Moshiri - so that makes most of our top earners people who have joined under Mosh.

I really dont understand people getting furious because he rates Martinez and doesnt rate Baines, Jags or Koeman. For some reason it unsettles people.

Its an opinion ffs, just one away from the popular narrative and group think.

People get so obsessed with trying to prove they are right and he is wrong, maybe that the hook people need to work out!?!

Anyway enough about Dave, it is, as as it ever will be, people are on here to talk about the Gylfmeister general so ill end any discussion about it.
I have no problem with Dave, but, I think this summer he has lost credibility because of his refusal to accept that anything at all about Everton is positive. I have largely stopped reading his posts and that is a pity.

Regarding Sigurdsson. For me it is more than he is worth, but it is all about backing the judgement of the manager.

Are we a big club or not ?
A big club decides on it's targets and gets them, that is what we are doing at present and for some of us watching the pennies being constantly counted over the last twenty five years it is hard to get used to.

We want to be a big club , but we want the club to act as a small club, we can't have it both ways.

Bolasie and Sigurdsson for £80 million

DsGSMFP.jpg

Swansea's owners basically saying they'll threaten us with tapping up even though we haven't done anything of the like.

They did exactly the same last year with Williams. trying to make themselves look good when in fact all of the stories of bids and Gylfi wanting out have come from their side.

We'll pay the fee because he's a very good player that the manager wants. It's too much but hey ho, we've had our fair share of bargains.

Just hate dealing with Swansea. Used to think they were alright but (some of, obviously not all) their fans are as deluded as they come and their a horrid club to do business with as well.

Not because of the fee. They have every right to demand whatever they want, but just how they go about it really.

Sk2 and Dave_seedTM are the 2 saying it, seem to have got a few other thing rights but could of course be guess work
blueboy99 posted its done on tef,he used to be sheedy on here,wrd agreeing with him so could be correct,both do have a good record of getting things right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back