£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a macro level i do yes, the groundswell of any dissatisfaction can be a catalyst for change, see Johnson Peter.

Yeah but 99.99% of fans see nothing but pointless moaning for the sake of it. If Davek had any credibility then people could be persuaded by his arguments. As it is he has none, the Martinez saga saw to that (Everton never sack a manager for finishing 11th etc) and his constant personal attacks on Baines, Jags and Koeman show his agenda. He is the Fox News of posters.

Not sure what all the fuss is about. More than 1 club want him, he is under contract and market forces are such that player transfer fees are increasing all the time. Does anybody really think RL is worth £90m!!! Not a chance but that is the going rate. Man City are just in the process o f completing a 100million deal for two full backs! Good players but generally not match winners - It's madness but it's football right now. I would like Sigurdsson, but VVD more - only Koeman could get that one over the line. The defence remains a concern for me although I think Keane will turn out to be a very good signing.

Yeah but 99.99% of fans see nothing but pointless moaning for the sake of it. If Davek had any credibility then people could be persuaded by his arguments. As it is he has none, the Martinez saga saw to that (Everton never sack a manager for finishing 11th etc) and his constant personal attacks on Baines, Jags and Koeman show his agenda. He is the Fox News of posters.

I really dont understand people getting furious because he rates Martinez and doesnt rate Baines, Jags or Koeman. For some reason it unsettles people.

Its an opinion ffs, just one away from the popular narrative and group think.

People get so obsessed with trying to prove they are right and he is wrong, maybe that the hook people need to work out!?!

Anyway enough about Dave, it is, as as it ever will be, people are on here to talk about the Gylfmeister general so ill end any discussion about it.

Are Swansea laying the boot in a bit saying he didn't travel as he wasn't in the right frame of mind or just shifting the "blame" onto the player not having the club at the top of his priorities. Makes smoother transition with the fans if you can say he became a bad influence doesn't it!?

I really dont understand people getting furious because he rates Martinez and doesnt rate Baines, Jags or Koeman. For some reason it unsettles people.

People get so obsessed with trying to prove they are right and he is wrong, maybe that the hook people need to work out!?!

Anyway enough about Dave, it is, as as it ever will be, people are on here to talk about the Gylfmeister general so ill end any discussion about it.

You've tried to build a bridge mate and fair enough.

You know, Dave does raise some thought provoking stuff at times, but there are ways of getting your point across.

Personally I've lost all respect for someone who continually belittles others' views, calling fellow blues naive, ignorant and deluded, just because we don't see it as he does. It pervades and derails every thread.

He runs and hides whenever his narrow arguments are countered with facts, only to turn up in another thread with the same old weary agenda.

IMHO, this forum would be a friendlier and more stimulating place without his brand of negative bigotry.

But I'm obviously a bit sensitive like...

Dave is just a polor opposite, if you said the sky was blue, he's argue it wasn't, if you said grass was green he would disagree. Surely he's happy about Gilfi he went on and on about buying him in Jan and he was better then Barkley

Beyond being concerned about the fee now really, it will be £40m + "addons", clearly they feel he is the right player.

Good chance of this being announced over the weekend / Monday, I imagine with the group coming back from Kenya, this should be done soon.

They will want to make quite a splash on the announcement I think, this being such a huge deal for us. I would imagine there would be another press conference, with RK taking centre stage with Gylfi. This is not one for Contract Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back