£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when loads of people thought £24m was silly for Schneiderlin?

I reckon by the end of the window £40m+ won't seem so expensive.

DEn8dLBXsAU59gE.jpg

DEn8dLEXcAAgH1o.jpg

DEn8dLBW0AAQKsq.jpg

DEn8dLHXgAA9vYR.jpg

Posted this last night.

Apart from Puncheon, Kolarov and Toure, I'd say people would be more than happy to spend £40m on every other player on that list.

I do think we are overpaying, probably by £10m at least, but it's what Swansea are demanding and he's a prime target.

We don't mess around now.

I'm nervous about this deal. Tbh he not worth 40 million nevermind 50 mil.

His age is a concern. He could have an injury like Boalsie. There got to be better value abroad. Isn't this why we signed Walsh.

Yes mate. And we now have Lookman, DCL, Sandro, Gueye, Bowler, Onyekuro...

Stop fretting fella. The management team has got this. ;)

Posted this last night.

Apart from Puncheon, Kolarov and Toure, I'd say people would be more than happy to spend £40m on every other player on that list.

I do think we are overpaying, probably by £10m at least, but it's what Swansea are demanding and he's a prime target.

We don't mess around now.

10 mil in prem money is like 20 quid for me and you mate.

No.

We were a laughing stock when we brought in Mcgeady. We were a laughing stock when we brought in Beckford, and Strac, Alcaraz et all.

Now we'll be a laughing stock by bringing in a decent midfielder ? Get a grip
So many people stuck in the moyes era on here. The same posters probably restrict there partners spending to £2 a week and then scrutinise what the £2 was spent on..

The simple fact is he
When was the last time we actually took a good free kick or corner?

Btw I wouldn't even expect Silva or De Bruyne to create chances in that Swansea side.

What else is he meant to do, except aim for head's of big lumps?

Scored more off corners than Swansea last season I believe

Will add something to that list of stats mate, which IMO is important and no ones commented on it.

Swansea averaged 48.1% possession

looking at the rest of the players in that list and their teams

Spurs - 57.1%
Arsenal - 56.7%
rs - 57.9%
Chelsea - 53.6%
City - 60.6%

Common sense would say, the more you have the ball as a team, the more chances you are gonna be able to have a chance to create with that possession?

Remember when loads of people thought £24m was silly for Schneiderlin?

I reckon by the end of the window £40m+ won't seem so expensive.

We may have to overpay a bit but when Jack Cork costed £10m Kyle Walker costed £50m then £40m for our prime target is ok. The market has inflated. A lot. £10m is like £2.5m 2/3 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back