£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swansea seem to have put the cart before the horse.. putting a price on a player before complaining someone wants to buy him.

Swansea want 50m , Everton are prepared to pay 30m . It is now down to the player, if he pushes for a move it will possibly come in at about 40m , if he says nothing it may not happen at all.

Having money is all well and good but we have to be able to turn round and say no and walk away from deals. Otherwise we will get shafted in every future negotiation.

Unlucky for the lad Sigs, but that's generally what happens to the nice ones, if he was a mug he'd already be ours.

Other targets out there - we shouldn't be losing sleep over their over inflated valuation.

Swansea want 50m , Everton are prepared to pay 30m . It is now down to the player, if he pushes for a move it will possibly come in at about 40m , if he says nothing it may not happen at all.

Swansea have already reportedly knocked back £40m, they will want more than that.

Let's offer Swansea Besic, McCarthy and £35m. Winners.

Seriously, I can't see Sigurdsson handing in a transfer request either. Which if he did, would make this whole thing easier. Or at least if he could do a Rom and start talking about his desire to play for FC Sexy.

Personally I think we hold all the cards on this one, he clearly wants to come to us. Him pulling out of the tour etc is just going to end up forcing Swansea's hand. They can't replace him until he's sold and they won't want to wait until the end of the window... it reminds me of us back in the day... HA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back