£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
@davek main concern is not siguardsson's ability but more so the price. I too rate siguardsson highly and I believe he would be a good acquisition to the squad. However I'm guessing a minimum 40m fee and wages in excess of 100k a week, is an outlay by the club of 60m pounds over the duration of a 4 year contract. In effect it's costing us 15m a season to have him here, with significantly reduced resale value due to his age. I think any supporter is within their right to question that sort of outlay.
And city are paying the same fee and more wages for a full back.
If we want to compete with the top 4 we have to spend

Fairly sure we've tapped him up tbh (All quietly with agents of course). Same thing Spurs have done with Ross.

To be honest Swansea haven't got a lot going for them apart from Siggy!
Their Chairman is like a kid tightly holding on to the ball in case someone comes along & tries to snatch it away from him!
In truth I would suspect Siggy has told his Chairman of his desire to move on, NOW there's a truly serious offer from a club with aspirations of Champions League Football.
He didn't seem to fit in at Spurs!
Who Else???
Who knows what is going on behind closed doors...but I suspect it is the same situation Everton were in 13 years ago regarding Rooney!
As another poster has said...this will be a 3 way compromise between Swansea's wants..Evertons Offer & the tie breaker will be the desire of Siggy to move on.....At the moment there is a type of caught ship dance going on
.....you Know...The usual sort of palaver :coffee:

And city are paying the same fee and more wages for a full back.
If we want to compete with the top 4 we have to spend

Completely different situation. Two of the leagues best sides completing a transfer of one of the leagues best full backs.

If we wanted Glen Whelen from Stoke and they slapped £30mill for him, you'd want us to pay it?

Completely different situation. Two of the leagues best sides completing a transfer of one of the leagues best full backs.

If we wanted Glen Whelen from Stoke and they slapped £30mill for him, you'd want us to pay it?
If a full back is worth 50 m I don't care how good he is then a creative midfielder of Siggys ability is worth the same.
The fees have gone crazy and if we want to improve we have to pay it
The club can obviously afford it , the manager wants it so why the complaints.

Swansea want 50m , Everton are prepared to pay 30m . It is now down to the player, if he pushes for a move it will possibly come in at about 40m , if he says nothing it may not happen at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back