£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Joyce said yesterday that our offer is around £30m. If we can get something done at £35m + add ons I'd be delighted - I know it's monopoly money etc but £50m is a scary figure.

If we can get Giroud up top to slot Gylfi's balls in we'll be a serious threat.
Kyle Walker, a full back and not even the best in the PL, just went for nigh on £50m so although it seems ridiculous it must be seen in context.

I wouldn't be overly happy with us paying anywhere near £50m, in fact last year £30m would have been exorbitant, but perhaps it's needed.

He's experienced, proven and from all account very effective at this level, therefore if Rom really wants him then I think we'll get him.

Kyle Walker, a full back and not even the best in the PL, just went for nigh on £50m so although it seems ridiculous it must be seen in context.

I wouldn't be overly happy with us paying anywhere near £50m, in fact last year £30m would have been exorbitant, but perhaps it's needed.

He's experienced, proven and from all account very effective at this level, therefore if Rom really wants him then I think we'll get him.

100% agree mate, but we're not Man City. They've bought about 8-10 players around that fee in the past 4 years.

As you say though, Ron seems very keen on him and that's enough for me.

100% agree mate, but we're not Man City. They've bought about 8-10 players around that fee in the past 4 years.

As you say though, Ron seems very keen on him and that's enough for me.
We're not and obviously their financial clout is much greater than ours, but perhaps it could be a statement of our intent; an accepted overspend.

However, thinking objectively, there's obviously better players out there for the price so we need to balance what we need and what we want.

We're not and obviously their financial clout is much greater than ours, but perhaps it could be a statement of our intent; an accepted overspend.

However, thinking objectively, there's obviously better players out there for the price so we need to balance what we need and what we want.

Gylfi is a good player, but I doubt that the football world would deem is as a statement of intent IMO. The general response seems to be that the £50m reported in the media is crazy.

It seems that it's not statements we're going for though anyway, more just great players who fit a system.

To my knowledge Siggy was played left side of a 4231 last year (Eriksen-esk) -which is always going to affect his goal/assist tally. (Not to mention playing for Swansea)

I think Koeman is also going to play him wide, so as for those who think he's going to be the main man behind the striker I don't think it will be the case.

Some are complaining that his goals/assists are mainly set pieces and although there is no difference in the value of the goal/assist I think people just assume he will be the main man behind the striker, and expect more than a glorified set peice taker to create our chances. If we where talking about a wide player with 8 goals and 12 assists (which we are imo) then you surely must say Siggurdsson is a very good addition.

Rooney will play in the 10.

And replacing him, with an all round better player imo....Trippier.
We will be doing this soon though mate.
Ready made replacements and quality to slot straight in.
Competition for places etc.
We are a couple of years behind Spurs, ground etc. But we are now steaming up behind them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back