£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really feel like you're just trying to wind me up now . I just quoted in regards to winning, a goal is a goal. If we win a cup with it bouncing off Rooney's arse I'll be made up.

But in regards to judging a players quality, you have to actually look a little closer. Hey if you think I'm wrong that's totally fine, we can agree to disagree. But given there's a goal of the month competition on match of the day, would that not suggest that perhaps all goals are equal, but some goals are more equal than others?

Remember that game when Baines took the P by hitting the top corner of each side of the net? Top quality strikes those.

I really feel like you're just trying to wind me up now . I just quoted in regards to winning, a goal is a goal. If we win a cup with it bouncing off Rooney's arse I'll be made up.

But in regards to judging a players quality, you have to actually look a little closer. Hey if you think I'm wrong that's totally fine, we can agree to disagree. But given there's a goal of the month competition on match of the day, would that not suggest that perhaps all goals are equal, but some goals are more equal than others?

How about this analogy to satisfy you both?

When a golfer wins a major, he has done so with the lowest number of shots. So all are counted the same. The 300 yard drive splitting the fairway and setting up a doable eagle, is counted the exact same way that the 1 inch put is.

Paul Joyce said yesterday that our offer is around £30m. If we can get something done at £35m + add ons I'd be delighted - I know it's monopoly money etc but £50m is a scary figure.

If we can get Giroud up top to slot Gylfi's balls in we'll be a serious threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back