£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said, that's the same writers saying Naby Keita is worth £70m after one season in the Bundesliga.

Gylfi is class. I know this because I've watched him - a lot.

He isn't just a set-piece merchant, so can we knock this ridiculous notion on the head please?

He will be a great asset to have at set-pieces, which helps, but his all-round game is actually very good.

Stats aren't everything. There's some that back up your point, and some that back up mine.

The best way is to actually watch him play and if you've done that at all over the past two seasons it's hard to fathom why people are so against this deal.

We have money. People need to accept that.

We'll spend what we think Gylfi is worth.

We're not going to spend £50m on him if we think that's too much. We'll walk away.

But evidently, we (the club), don't think it is.
Im not against the deal, but i feel its too much money. Its purely my opinion, and I dont speak for the club. Well may as well end of discussion, because there's only so much condescension, one could be bothered to read.

When comparing his stats with players from teams that had a goal difference swing of at least 43, you've got to look at Swansea's squad around him. You do realise that Swansea were dogdoo last year right? Maybe he did well to create what he did with a team that had relegation form for a fair bit of the season.

Why does this discussion keep being diverted into a Barkley / Sigurdsson either/or debate. ? We needed another experienced creative midfielder as an option or alternative to Barkley anyway. We weren't, I hope, planning to go through what will be a demanding season with only one proven player in this position. Sigurdsson is a highly regarded player and,more importantly, having no doubt weighed all the available options, the choice of our manager.
What intrigues me more is, if and when Barkley leaves, will we then buy another 'creative' to give us that option?

Im not against the deal, but i feel its too much money. Its purely my opinion, and I dont speak for the club. Well may as well end of discussion, because there's only so much condescension, one could be bothered to read.

I'm sorry for being condescending. I didn't mean to be.

I don't think he's worth £45/50m.

But he's a very good player who will improve us - whatever price we end up paying.

Did I say set pieces didn't count?

Your post I quoted certainly was making an effort to somehow make set pieces seem less important than open play.

It's like those weird arguments where people were trying to take goals away from Lukaku.

Anyway, he's one of the hardest workers in the league and is actually good at football. Not arsed about the price...the market is mental.

Just woke up from a co-comadol/virus induced midday slumber and logged on to GOT to catch up.

Probably the meds talking, but it's a pleasure to read the debate and insight from my fellow blues. From the mods to the occasional poster, it's all top drawer stuff lads.

I'm hoping we get this deal done and although it's went quiet the past few days I expect the club to be in negotiations on this and other deals. Gilfy is a talented player I trust the club to have done their homework on him.

Just woke up from a co-comadol/virus induced midday slumber and logged on to GOT to catch up.

Probably the meds talking, but it's a pleasure to read the debate and insight from my fellow blues. From the mods to the occasional poster, it's all top drawer stuff lads.

I'm hoping we get this deal done and although it's went quiet the past few days I expect the club to be in negotiations on this and other deals. Gilfy is a talented player I trust the club to have done their homework on him.
That's the drugs talking Bob x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back