£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as Ross doesn´t sign that contract he should be given no consideration what so ever. Ship out and replace as soon as possible.
Correct. If he won't sign a contract worth £5m+ per year, to play for the club he loves, because he's either had a tiff with Koeman (petulant) or because he hasn't got the heart to fight for his place, then he needs flogging.

Ross refused the new contract before the end of the season, in fact that utter kopite bell Jamie Redknapp bragging on Sky that he think Ross is leaving having spent time with him tells me all I need to know.

From what I understand he has been offered an improved contract to the one he is on now and turned it down means any other theory is irrelevant.

The boy wants out so what do we do sit on our hands and do nothing ? Ross leaving when the club is in a position to make real strides this season should send its own message.

You have to wonder what´s in his head.

Chelsea - Don´t want him.
City - Don´t want him.
Spurs - Would take him but he´ll be stuck on the bench making less money considering Levys tight wage structure.
Liverpool - Obviously not.
Man Utd - Don´t want him.
Arsenal - Maybe Wenger would take a chance but he´ll end up like Jeffers mark II and probably loaned out to Newcastle in a years time.

The likes of Leicester, Southampton, Stoke, West Ham? Can´t be tempted by that. Spain?

That's an interesting stat if true mate, I'm sure I heard a stat that he made 30 something chances from open play last year which was less then Wanyama who's a defensive mid. What did Barkley make from open play about 80 was it? And only ended up with about 8 assists?

Don't put too much emphasis on stats. It's difficult to quantify what a created chance is. Is it any pass which leads to a shot, regardless of where it is on the pitch?

It's a bit like saying a Leon Osman pea roller into the keepers arms is on target but a shot which hits the bar isn't. You don't get the context in a statistic.

Sigurdsson directly contributed to 23 goals last season - 10 goals, 13 assists.

12 of those goals assists were from open play I believe.

The actual stat from the league is 9 goals, 13 assists. Taking away set pieces leaves him with 4 goals and 5 assists. Nothing special.

Thats not his game,his assists are nearly all from set-pieces. Ross offers far more from open play

Could be we´re bringing him in just for that - dead ball expertise. Every good team needs one. Look at all the points Beckham made Utd and England over the years.

Koeman might think Rooney will be enough for assists.

You have to wonder what´s in his head.

Chelsea - Don´t want him.
City - Don´t want him.
Spurs - Would take him but he´ll be stuck on the bench making less money considering Levys tight wage structure.
Liverpool - Obviously not.
Man Utd - Don´t want him.
Arsenal - Maybe Wenger would take a chance but he´ll end up like Jeffers mark II and probably loaned out to Newcastle in a years time.

The likes of Leicester, Southampton, Stoke, West Ham? Can´t be tempted by that. Spain?

He is too inconsistent for any of the top clubs mate, I reckon he end up on the bench for a season at Spurs then sold to Sunderland. Talented but streaky

The actual stat from the league is 9 goals, 13 assists. Taking away set pieces leaves him with 4 goals and 5 assists. Nothing special.

But why would you exclude set pieces? Beckham would have looked like Joe Average if you did the same to him and he obviously wasn´t.

He is too inconsistent for any of the top clubs mate, I reckon he end up on the bench for a season at Spurs then sold to Sunderland. Talented but streaky

He´ll be on the bench if he stays or if he goes, only difference is he´ll earn more if he stays than he ever will at Spurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back