£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah but we are doing that with loads of other players, such as that lad from Newcastle and one from QPR

Yeah, I was being a bit blunt tbf. I'm just saying it's something to take into account - a 5 year contract for Gylfi will be a very expensive player on high wages for almost entirely his post-peak-years period - that's a huge dead weight if he turns out to be average

Have a feeling the negotiations have gone completely underground to keep Swansea happy.

Everton professional as ever.

Yes! ...That would be the way things would be done under these circumstances.

Think of when Everton were selling Rooney 13 years ago!

Gylfi Sigurdsson is Swansea's equivalent.
Although ...given the pressure the Chairman will be under from the Swansea Fans on the one side & Siggy, Everton on the other.. I would guess the fee would me about £43 Mill + un-mentioned add ons.(Whether they exist in any material form)

Yeah, I was being a bit blunt tbf. I'm just saying it's something to take into account - a 5 year contract for Gylfi will be a very expensive player on high wages for almost entirely his post-peak-years period - that's a huge dead weight if he turns out to be average

I agree on that but from what he has done in a poor side and the experience he has in this league its low risk, Walsh and scouts must of seen a lot of him, I think we are just playing hard like we always do in the window but there comes a point when we need to act and Swansea know this, our season starts well before theres does

No, it's the attitude of a club with a sound business model
Nope. It's the attitude of a club with a small time mentality.

So, we've bought Pickford, Onyekuru, Keane, Klassan and brought Rooney back on a free, yet everyone is up in arms over paying a big fee for a 27 year old. Why? Kicking off over buying 1 player out of 6 because we can't sell him on for a profit is small club mentality.

Lukaku?
Our spending spree started big did you not feel we knew he was going?
Yes we have funds , but let's see what our net spend is when deadline day comes as Ross looks like he will be sold too!
That imo is both our bests assets out the door?
No way is ross one of our best assets.such a poor return for someone of his talent. I hate using this term but i really do believe he does have a suspect football brain. Too many wrong decisions. Koeman is frustrated with him and where is the stampede to buy one of our best assets?! Sell ross to help pay for gylfi. Sorted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back