£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lukaku?
Our spending spree started big did you not feel we knew he was going?
Yes we have funds , but let's see what our net spend is when deadline day comes as Ross looks like he will be sold too!
That imo is both our bests assets out the door?
Bale, Ronaldo ?

Our best assets are the ones coming in now, Ross wasnt even one of our best assets last season, Morgan, Gueye, Coleman for example all far better assets, now with the addition of Keane and Pickford, Ross is no longer that big a deal

I can. He's done a siguardsson allegedly and refused to go to a Pre-season camp with his club.
How much have the RS got to play with?. Already spent £34m on one player. Serious talk of £65m ish on 2 other players plus they're in dire need of a left back. They had their big player sale last season so not expecting to bring in upwards of £150m like us, plus they have big stand to pay for.

How much have the RS got to play with?. Already spent £34m on one player. Serious talk of £65m ish on 2 other players plus they're in dire need of a left back. They had their big player sale last season so not expecting to bring in upwards of £150m like us, plus they have big stand to pay for.
They got Robertson coming at left back. Seems weak to me for a top 7 club

Bale, Ronaldo ?

Our best assets are the ones coming in now, Ross wasnt even one of our best assets last season, Morgan, Gueye, Coleman for example all far better assets, now with the addition of Keane and Pickford, Ross is no longer that big a deal

He is mate

It won't be a catastrophic loss but it'll still be a shame to lose a very, very talented player to one of the teams above us should he be sold.

Are you sure he's not as good as those guys? How is he not creative? How is he not a terrific passer?

I swear, some of you have never seen the guy play.

9 and 13 are great numbers, but I would think he would do BETTER with us.
Because they are predominantly set pieces. Yeah he may do better than that, but I'd like a creative player who passes on the deck. I swear some of us are allowed an opinion.

Bale, Ronaldo ?

Ross had better passing stats the Sig ax for the players you mention one has a big injury Coleman - the other two are new signings , and Williams is despensible not as good as Jags!

Lukaku?
Our spending spree started big did you not feel we knew he was going?
Yes we have funds , but let's see what our net spend is when deadline day comes as Ross looks like he will be sold too!
That imo is both our bests assets out the door?

John Stones and Romelu Lukaku like this
Okay let me rephrase. We shouldn't be buying players with a view to selling them on. That's the attitude of a selling club, which we shouldn't be looking to be any more.

Okay let me rephrase. We shouldn't be buying players with a view to selling them on. That's the attitude of a selling club, which we shouldn't be looking to be any more.

..I think re-sale value is an important consideration because it can reflect if a purchase has been successful or not. There was concern in many quarters when we paid £28m for Lukaku.

..I think re-sale value is an important consideration because it can reflect if a purchase has been successful or not. There was concern in many quarters when we paid £28m for Lukaku.
Not from me he was always going be an asset
His goals which came and always a profit if we were in a desperate situation to sell him on which us a she'd we never made the top 4 last season!

Last edited:
But as a team looking to challenge for honours it should be very low on the list of priorities.

And also, the money received for outgoing transfers is regarded as income and that directly effects our spending power regarding wages paid to attract better players under FPP......so re-sale value is very much an important consideration then spending big money in the transfer market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back