£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coutinho cost that in 2012, though. Before the huge influx of TV money - and it's not comparable.

Gylfi's stats are up there with Ozil, De Bruyne, Coutinho and Silva in terms of assists, goals, chances created etc etc in the last two years. You would pay £40m for all of those players.

No one can deny 13 assists and 9 goals from last year is a good return. And his overall input to his team has been good for several seasons. However if you look at last year 8 out of 13 assists came from set pieces. 3 of his goals came from penalties, and several others from direct free kicks.

I'm not denying that set pieces can be a vital and underused weapon against opposing teams. But for 50 million I want someone who does most of their damage from open play, carving open defences, dribbling past players and looking dangerous on the ball when we're in full flow. Not when it's stopped dead.

Scott Sinclair was the main man at one time for the Welsh no-marks. Just like Horsefly is now. Easy to shine surrounded by turds.

No one can deny 13 assists and 9 goals from last year is a good return. And his overall input to his team has been good for several seasons. However if you look at last year 8 out of 13 assists came from set pieces. 3 of his goals came from penalties, and several others from direct free kicks.

I'm not denying that set pieces can be a vital and underused weapon against opposing teams. But for 50 million I want someone who does most of their damage from open play, carving open defences, dribbling past players and looking dangerous on the ball when we're in full flow. Not when it's stopped dead.
I think the big attraction of siguardsson is that you know what you are getting he is tried and tested in the Premiership. Just under 1 in 4 ratio for Swansea, 1 in 3 for Spurs.

I think now that Walker has gone for £54m there is little chance of Swansea coming down from their valuation, so if it doesn't get done in the next couple of days we should either pay full price or stop wasting our time and move on. 50m for a player with effectively no sell on though is crazy

In modern day transfers, there are 3 parties, the buyer, the seller and the player himself and the players nowadays have so much power when it comes to transfers, it happened with us in Lukaku's case, we didn't want to sell him but the player himself forced the move and left us with one option, do the best deal possible for us and that's what we did, we negotiated the best deal possible and moved on.

With Sigurdsson, it's the same situation, the player is forcing the move, he already withdrew from their pre-season, this is a good point for us and a bad point for Swansea when it comes to negotiations, if we tell them we are out, they will have an unhappy player who already turned his back to the club, their fans are already saying what we were saying about Lukaku after he told the press "returning to Everton is not an option".

Do you think Sigurdsson withdrew from their pre-season on his own? Obviously his agent is in contact with us and the move (withdrawing from the squad) was a calculated move.

We said we want 100M for Lukaku, in the end we had to settle for 75M + Add-ons and even negotiated a free transfer for Rooney, i am sure its the same situation right now, Swansea trying to get as much money as they can while we are somehow in a comfortable situation, we have the player on our side and we are not panicking against their strategy, we won't pay 50M, simply because we don't want to make other clubs have the same strategy as Swansea (they put the price and we pay it), i am also sure that our 40M offer (in case it was true) was not 40M, it was much less with add-ons, the final outcome will be the same, Swansea will say it's 45M while it will be something like 35M + Add-ons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back